Paint and Body My car is finally home

• Thread starter Deleted member 215073
  • Start date
  • Sponsors (?)

$1500 is a lot, but there can't be many nos left.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200803-080054.png
    Screenshot_20200803-080054.png
    762 KB · Views: 148
Quick update:

I compromised on the quarter windows. They are going to buy an aftermarket set, give me back the good passenger quarter, and pay me $400 back for the broken window. I haven't been able to find any glass at a reasonable price and in good condition. I will buy a weathered window and have it restored at foxrestorations.com when they are ready to do the hatchback cars.

I still haven't seen the car since it was repainted again, and I let them know I'm going g down there Saturday. Hopefully they got the trim color right, and I get my car back soon.

The house exterior is basically done. My wife and I are extremely happy with how it turned out. Now hopefully the interior gets going and we can move back in before October.

20200811_170634.jpg

20200811_170823.jpg

20200811_170913.jpg

20200811_170930.jpg

20200811_170951.jpg

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 7 users
Oh and don't mind the yard. I know it is awful, and plan on working on it next summer.

I can't really do anything with it and my lawn mower and weed eater were stolen a few weeks ago. I hate thieves....

Reactions: 1 user
I hate thieves too. That's why I keep game cameras and all types of video stuff going on. Most thieves steal in areas they are used to. I'm not calling the police.....

Hope they get the car situated. This whole scenario sucks....but you now will have a new house.

New house around old bones. I can't wait for the interior to be finished. Original 70 year old refinished oak floors, completely new kitchen and bathroom, all new electric and boiler heat upgraded to forced air.

Reactions: 3 users
Well here it is, another month or so and still no car. I called the shop last Wednesday to ask of my car was done or when I can expect it to be done. They lost my door lock cylinders and drip rail mouldings. They also had to repaint the front bumper cover because the trim color didn't match. They said the car is close to being done, but I heard that way back in March after they had it for 3 weeks. I'm skeptical.

I haven't seen the car since I went down there to meet the appraiser Hagerty hired to go over the car again so no current pictures. I was also informed that they have moved to a new location which happens to be in the worst part of that city.

On a better note...the house exterior is complete, I now have full electricity in the house, the tile floors are done as well as the tile shower surround, and my cabinets are installed. I spent today at the house installing a new mailbox post, installing cabinet handles, light bulbs, and putting the cable TV coax cover plates on the walls. We routed the coax inside the walls and they terminate into electrical boxes with F type cover plates.

The baseboard and window trim, interior doors, and closet doors all get installed this week, followed by HVAC furnace and AC system, then refinish the original oak floors (1955), countertops, backsplashes, and final details such as appliances, touch up, etc. are all that's left. Hoping to be moved in by the first week of November.

Today is my 40th birthday, and my wife bought me a new toolbox for work. She's the best.
20201009_172913.jpg
20201011_164943.jpg
20201017_133430.jpg
20201002_144935.jpg

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 9 users
Well here it is, another month or so and still no car. I called the shop last Wednesday to ask of my car was done or when I can expect it to be done. They lost my door lock cylinders and drip rail mouldings. They also had to repaint the front bumper cover because the trim color didn't match. They said the car is close to being done, but I heard that way back in March after they had it for 3 weeks. I'm skeptical.

I haven't seen the car since I went down there to meet the appraiser Hagerty hired to go over the car again so no current pictures. I was also informed that they have moved to a new location which happens to be in the worst part of that city.

On a better note...the house exterior is complete, I now have full electricity in the house, the tile floors are done as well as the tile shower surround, and my cabinets are installed. I spent today at the house installing a new mailbox post, installing cabinet handles, light bulbs, and putting the cable TV coax cover plates on the walls. We routed the coax inside the walls and they terminate into electrical boxes with F type cover plates.

The baseboard and window trim, interior doors, and closet doors all get installed this week, followed by HVAC furnace and AC system, then refinish the original oak floors (1955), countertops, backsplashes, and final details such as appliances, touch up, etc. are all that's left. Hoping to be moved in by the first week of November.

Today is my 40th birthday, and my wife bought me a new toolbox for work. She's the best.
20201009_172913.jpg
20201011_164943.jpg
20201017_133430.jpg
20201002_144935.jpg
A NICE toolbox it is! Happy birthday brother.

20201009_172913.jpg
20201011_164943.jpg
20201017_133430.jpg
20201002_144935.jpg
So,...the take away here is to not vet a shop.....Give them your car,...maybe give them a minimal deposit to justify a starting point.

Then have your car spend eternity in a shop......for the bagillionth time...over, and over...

So as a side job while your car sits in this azzholes body shop, you justify how you manage to remodel your house while waiting on this azzhole to finish your car.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE????

You demand your car...you remind the azzhole that 1 negative offsets 10 positives...You never put your car in the hands of an azzholes shop ever again.
How you guys keep doing this over and over again floors me...
All Shops ( be they body, machine, or mechanic) are there to take your money,..How long you wait till these azzholes finish what they agree to do depends on how noisy you are when they don’t.

Im so freakin tired of reading about how another shop fcked me....Hold these bastards accountable, and stop complaining.

Carmichael...

If you don't have anything positive to contribute then shut the :leghump: up. I really don't give a :poo: if I get banned or reprimanded over this post. I've probably said it several times already. I thought I did my homework with this shop, and I got burned. Lesson :leghump:ing learned, so why don't you go :leghump: off with your negativity.

As far as my house goes, you don't even remotely have any clue what I am responsible for or what my finances concerning the repairs are like so eat a dick. It's been a long hard road, I'm somehow still married to a loving wife, and I can now see light at the end of this terrible year.

All I ever read in other threads from you is how superior you are intellectually above everyone else and how your car is different so you are somehow special. Maybe instead of :poo:posting in everyone else's content, just shut up and let it go.

I'll also add this, my house :leghump:ing burned you retard. It isn't just a remodel, it's a rebuild. So while I'm getting repairs done, my wife and I decided to do some upgrades that were badly needed, along with bringing the house up to code because that is now equired. The car was also damaged but I guess you also missed that part. As smart as you think you are your reading comprehension needs lots of work.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Agree
  • Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 6 users
Sooooooooooioo........

I was going to say that he did try to vet the shop Mke @CarMichael Angelo .

I talked with him for quite a while about it. They seemed legit, had done other fox bodies. That’s why he was willing to send his car out of state.

He almost sent his car to me here in Tulsa ( which, ironically seemed like a bit of a pita to both of us for him at the time with having to deal with the insurance on his house too).

We talked about what the shop had been doing to his car while it was in progress and what the responses he should take when it turned out they weren’t quite what they appeared to be. Obviously the shop had “padded” their resume.

After having talked with him, I know he isn’t the type to not voice his thoughts about what the shop was doing. Frankly I’m floored the shop hasn’t stopped what they are doing and focused like a laser on his car. They will regret their sloppy and slow work.

Plus his house went up in flames. He had to focus most of his attention on providing a place for his wife and him to live. He prioritized.

His car is REALLY important to him, but family takes top billing.

Once that’s redone, those dumb bastards at the bodyshop will regret their indifference about his car. I would just about guarantee it.

Carmichael...

If you don't have anything positive to contribute then shut the :leghump: up. I really don't give a :poo: if I get banned or reprimanded over this post. I've probably said it several times already. I thought I did my homework with this shop, and I got burned. Lesson :leghump:ing learned, so why don't you go :leghump: off with your negativity.

As far as my house goes, you don't even remotely have any clue what I am responsible for or what my finances concerning the repairs are like so eat a dick. It's been a long hard road, I'm somehow still married to a loving wife, and I can now see light at the end of this terrible year.

All I ever read in other threads from you is how superior you are intellectually above everyone else and how your car is different so you are somehow special. Maybe instead of :poo:posting in everyone else's content, just shut up and let it go.

I'll also add this, my house :leghump:ing burned you retard. It isn't just a remodel, it's a rebuild. So while I'm getting repairs done, my wife and I decided to do some upgrades that were badly needed, along with bringing the house up to code because that is now equired. The car was also damaged but I guess you also missed that part. As smart as you think you are your reading comprehension needs lots of work.
Well,...I guess you told me.
It’s not that I lack reading comprehension, it’s more like I don’t read the anything after I get to the part that inspires the rant.
I now remember that your house burned, and the car was hurt as a result. Sorry for that.
Sorry that I lit into you and added a sour note to your 40th birthday.

And if you‘ve read anything i’ve said in my thread over the last year,..you'd know that I hardly think i’m superior to anybody in any way.

Last edited: