"My Color" instructions?

TW/92LSC/SE

Oct 28, 2004
I'm a 2nd owner of a GT with "my color" instrument cluster. Unless I missed reading a page in the owners manual I saw no instructions for using the "my color" feature. Was there a separate pamphlet, maybe I'm missing?

I have figured out the system to change the diode colors, however one day I did something that made the display give some colors choices to apply without adjusting each separate diode color by the numbers. What happened there? Comments?

• Sponsors (?)

Press setup once to enter the my color mode, then just press reset repeatedly to cycle throught preset color combos. I think you have to hold reset for ~5 seconds while stopped to enter the manual mode. You can cycle through the list of preset colors and your manual color while moving, you just cant adjust the manual color. hope this is right, its from memory.

I could swear it is in the owner's manual. At any rate, it's not the big deal Ford promoted it to be. And unless you change your colors to green, they won't match your radio, air conditioning, etc. dash lights.
You may also have noticed that your dash lights are white at night if the headlights are not on. When the headlights are on, the instrument cluster lights turn to what My Color is set to.
That confused me the first time I drove at night and actually drove for a short distance with no headlights because I had dash lights.