My day with the 5.0 OHC Honda

mr_woodster

Jul 28, 2003
Riverside, CA
Well a few months ago my dad picked up a import, i wasnt to impressed nor did it have any inkling to take it out and mess around with it...afterall , it was just a honda...even if it had a 5.0 motor. Well today, i was sitting around and figured "what the heck" so i gassed it up and took it out for a spin. I got on it a few times and it was quite torquey , wanted to jump away from me. Being only a few mins away from the local proving ground i rolled it on down there and made quite a few runs and really tore the place up!
The handling is pretty good, corner's prettey well, though its a little front heavy (as most would exspected). Yes i know what most of you are thinking...Yes it is the NEW OHC 5.0, not the old 5.0. Wierd thing though its FWD ! Traction is supringly good, Hooked every time, Even from a Dig!
Gas milage also wasnt to bad, i filled it 1/2 a tank and ran for atleast an hour and half, i was really working it hard.
Over-all it was a worth the time invested today! I just thought i would share that there is import in this (Ford)blue blooded family :)

Always nice to have a new toy around!

• Sponsors (?)