My dyno results!

• Sponsors (?)

Nice #s. Get those cams LOL. Well maybe gears first. And since your getting cams and a beater, go with the 4.10s. I am usually a die hard 3.73 guy but thats because this is my DD and I already have a car that does 3K at 55MPH LOL. Cams will extend your power band quite a bit and 4.10s will be a good choice. I wouldnt recommend shifting over 6400RPMs though, alot of people shift at 6500 with cams and alot of those have spun bearings. FWI I will shift at 6250 when my cams arrive just to be safe. :nice:

hotmustang331 said:
Nice #s. Get those cams LOL. Well maybe gears first. And since your getting cams and a beater, go with the 4.10s. I am usually a die hard 3.73 guy but thats because this is my DD and I already have a car that does 3K at 55MPH LOL. Cams will extend your power band quite a bit and 4.10s will be a good choice. I wouldnt recommend shifting over 6400RPMs though, alot of people shift at 6500 with cams and alot of those have spun bearings. FWI I will shift at 6250 when my cams arrive just to be safe. :nice:

The GTs redline is 5800, how are you guys shifting at 6500 RPMS?? :scratch: How are you getting past the rev-limiter? Is it even safe to shift that high with new cams in a GT?

I want to get stage 2 cams from VT, are you saying that after they are installed I can change my shifting to like 6300-6500 RPM?? (instead of 5500ish)

UDTBadkarma said:
The GTs redline is 5800, how are you guys shifting at 6500 RPMS?? :scratch: How are you getting past the rev-limiter? Is it even safe to shift that high with new cams in a GT?

I want to get stage 2 cams from VT, are you saying that after they are installed I can change my shifting to like 6300-6500 RPM?? (instead of 5500ish)

An SCT-4 banck eleminates my limiter (been to 6600ish in a burnout at the track LOL). And yes, with the stg 2s the best shift point is around 6500RPMs+, but no its not safe....alot over at modulardepot have spun bearings shifting at 6500. Stg 1s best shift point is around 6300RPMs for the most part. Unless you have a built engine, you really cant use ALL of the power of the stg-2 cams safely...a head/cam combo on the stock SB is really useless LOL, you PROBABLY SHOULD shift darn near or at 7K with that combo, but it also depends on which combo you go with. Anyways right now I shift at 5800RPMs, anywhere past that and the power dropps. You can also get the limiter taken out when you get your car dyno tuned after the cam install. I personally am going to have my tuner set my limiter to 6500RPMs (I asked mustangtuning to "KEEP" my limiter when I ordered the chip :rolleyes: ...but nope :lol: ) to eleminate going too high.

fourwindsoh said:
That is a great setup. :nice: I will have one like it minus the CAI and throttle body.

What type of gas are you using?

-Andy

the tune is for 93 octane gas so that is what i run (the higher octane is a lot better because they can adjust the timing more, i believe)

:)

yanno I realized the other day that I was focusing too much on the max numbers and when I started looking at my power pand (cuz i knew it felt a lot stronger down low) theres some areas where I gained (well not really gained but i guess beefed up the low end) a little less than 60 RWTQ and like 40 RWHP, and btw the car is idling absolutely perfect now.. it did jump a little but its dead on where it should be and it just feels fantastic. i freakin love tuning!