My End of Summer Parts Bundle......I think My Car is Happy Now!!! *Pics!!!!"

SRT Handz

I tripped & fell down and cut myself & got blood
Oct 10, 2004
La Mirada, CA
So i have been pretty Busy this last summer!!!!

This last months have been a love hate relationship with my car. It has given me trouble but everytime trouble comes up it gets fixed ASAP.

Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch - My clutch had been action really weird. it was making some strange noises so i assumes the TOB was going out. Picked up a Centerforce DF clutch to for $200 and took it to the tranny shop to have it put on. The Clutch was such a deal i just bought it. So when they pull the tranny they find out nothing is wrong with the clutch, but the Bearing retainer had been snapped...i drove with it snapped for Months. I am surprised it didn't reek more havoc.

....The Clutch is GREAT. I dont know why people say bad things about the Centerforce DF clutch. The pedal is REALLY soft. Softer than stock. I was shocked how soft it was at first and it was odd to drive but i got used to it. Drives WAY better than stock. So easy to DD. i love the clutch 100% :thumb:

Fiore Quadrant, Firewall Adjuster, and LDC Clutch Free-play Mod - I thought since i was getting a bad ass clutch i would get ahold of a Firewall adjuster, quadrant, and the LDC Free-play Mod. After talking to Dave for a while and reading that Fiore is the best set up you can get i decided to go with that.

.....wish i would have done with a LONG time ago. This is a great set-up. I was Sick and tired of a inconsistent feeling clutch pedal. This makes the clutch feel the same everytime, everyday. I have it set exactly where i like it. The Fiore Adjuster is great and you need no tools. I just drove around town adjusting the pedal at stoplights getting it where i liked it. LDC Mod takes all the BS slack out of the pedal and you can feel that the spring is keeping the TOB off the clutch fingers.

ClutchGoodiesSmall.jpg

FioreQuadrantSmall.jpg

Maximum Motorsports C/C Plates - Another Piece of gold sent from the Suspension Gods of MM. I got these off Craigslist a while back for $125 NIB. Finally installed them. Install was a PITA. Hurt my hard pretty bad in the process of a jack slipping incident. Had to play around with the spacers because the hood wouldn't close.Got the car aligned by Darin@WestEndAlignment> every Porsche, BMW, NSX and High performance car forums recommended him. Had to book 2 weeks in advance. Before aligning my car he sat down with me and talked about what kind of driving i do and set up the car accordingly. He recommended a Very aggressive street set-up just on the border of become a race spec alignment. Car Now drives even better. Took it Auto-Xing a few weeks ago and raped a C6 Z06 by 4 seconds!!! :coolsmiley:

MMPlateBox.jpg

MMCamber.jpg

New Tires Nitto555 - Got some new rubber because rolling around with negative camber ******* my tires.

NittoTires1.jpg

NittoTires2.jpg

TireShopStang.jpg

Mushimoto Aluminum Radiator and New 192 degree T-Stat - Out of nowhere one day my coolant started getting REALLY hot. Gauge got close to 250 but when i stuck my had in the coolant it was just a little warm, not even hot. Pulled the T-Stat and boiled it and it Barley even opened... the smallest crack. Got a new T-stat from Ford. The stock one from 1998 that i pulled said 195 and the new one from Ford is a 192. The new one also is designed a tiny bit different. This fixed my problem but since i live in Hot So. Cal i picked up a Mushimoto Radiator from ThePope. The Radiator dropped in fine, all i had to do was trim the top mounts. Mushimoto quality is excellent and the car runs cooler. I was find out how godd it works in Los Angeles traffic tomorrow. Stock radiator is so damn thin no wonder our cars run so hot.

Mishimoto1.jpg

Mishimoto2.jpg

RadiatorComparison1.jpg

RadiatorComparison2.jpg

Wolfgang Concours 3-Step - Bought this because i wanted to see how it works. I used this on the Sl55 I detailed. Stuff is BOMB. I am using it on my car now teamed with Some 1Z Glans wax. The swirl remover is the best i have ever used. Pricey, but worth it.

WolfgangSeriesSmall.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Nice job Handz, well thought out mods combined with some maint items and knowing when to have the pros do the work is nice to see for a change.

Car is looking fantastic :nice:

Nice job Handz, well thought out mods combined with some maint items and knowing when to have the pros do the work is nice to see for a change.

Car is looking fantastic :nice:

The only thing i hate a Shop install was the Clutch because i had a feeling that the Bearing retainer was snapped....$300 isnt a bad price for a clutching install inclusing re-surface flywheel, replace bearing retainer and pilot bushing

Nice group of parts :nice:
I have the Centerforce too and think its a wonderful clutch. Its been in the car a year with ALOT of hard launches and still grabs great.
I thought you had CC plated already. With that killer stance your car has it must have some serious negative camber :shrug: Your alignment shop will love you for installing thoes though :nice:

And sorry but I had to laugh at Mushimoto :rlaugh: Never heard of them but thats the name of the tires they were looking for in F&F :D 3 black Civics with green neon and Mushimoto ZX tires :nonono: Ive seen that movie way too often :(

And I just had to :stick:
Your paint in the engine compartment sure is spotted and dirty.
Looks pretty beat :p

I cant believe you didnt invest in those CC plates a long time ago...Thats like the 1st mod I do when i lower my stangs, especially with the stance your car has.......+1 on the CF clutch, it has the perfect pedal feel & it grabs good....The radiator looks nice too, I think I might need to look into one for my notchback...

I too am surprised on the paint in your engine bay??:shrug: With how immaculate your exterior is, I would expect more cleanliness in your engine bay as well....:D

Handz, where are you getting the Wolfgang setup from. I fail at search. I just find the second step glaze for $35. Is this stuff really gonna be over $100 for all three stages?
Also, were you able to find that shock tower bar like mine? I think that would be a sweet addition to your ride.
Love that color :drool:

Handz, where are you getting the Wolfgang setup from. I fail at search. I just find the second step glaze for $35. Is this stuff really gonna be over $100 for all three stages?
Also, were you able to find that shock tower bar like mine? I think that would be a sweet addition to your ride.
Love that color :drool:

i bought the Wolfgang stuff from Autogeek.net...and yes, it over 100 dollars EASY. on those 3 bottle and some pads it spend like $200 :D

yeah, i found the KB Brace, thanks alot for the pics buddy...i am holding off because i had to buy this radiator and tires and have $200 saved for a track day at the end of the month.

Pics From Last Month's Auto-X Event!!!!

Sorry, but went to this event By myself so i couldnt take pics while driving and wasnt comfortable taking my DSLR and leaving on the ground while i was driving. Anything could have happened to it so i left it at home. I took the point and shoot and snapped a Few pics.

I had planned to take more pics but this event was "Unlimited Runs" so i spend the whole time driving.....got 29 runs in during the day :dancing6: with a best time of 44.1xx

Just for reference....

Average Time for Most cars - 50.XXX
My Best Time - 44.1XXX
Best time of C6 Z06 - 48.XXX
Best time of New BMW M3 - 48.XXX
Average Miata Time - 41.XXX

AutoXStang.jpg

CaliAutoX.jpg

Sweet!
I saw at auto geeks they had the porter cable with pads and the Wolfgang products for $190, wish I woulda bought that kit. I think I paid $165 for mine with the pads I was telling you about and the counterweight. Love that machine though.
I could use some pointers for the swirl removing though. Since I have a three day weekend I am gona re do the Termi but I cant seem to get 100% of the swirls out :(
If I could get it like the Benz finish you just did I would be happy like hell :banana:

I also have to be careful cause the roof and trunk stripes ary vinyl. :notnice:
So besides Wolfgang what would be a good swirl remover that can be bought locally?

Sweet!
I also have to be careful cause the roof and trunk stripes ary vinyl. :notnice:
So besides Wolfgang what would be a good swirl remover that can be bought locally?

NOTHING can be bought locally with amazing results..... you need to buy the best stuff online.

I use all the wolfgang stuff Teamed with 1Z Glanz wax because i like it

Average Time for Most cars - 50.XXX
My Best Time - 44.1XXX
Best time of C6 Z06 - 48.XXX
Best time of New BMW M3 - 48.XXX
Average Miata Time - 41.XXX
Very sweet :hail2:
I love road corse racing. I want to find somewhere around here to race it like that.
Wonderful times you got there. Very capeble driver and car you have there.
I used to race every single month in Maui and was finally beating turbo Miatas, BMW 3 series and a Porsche. mauiscca.org is down for updates but when they come back up in a couple days go to the photos and stats for I think December or November 06. I think that was the last time I raced and you can see in the stock street class I was running I was faster then the strrt mod and a couple mod class cars :banana:
My old racer :rlaugh: Stock AOD 89 GT :D
GT8.jpg

Sweet LaserSVT, i wish i had a pic of me driving.

Trackdays and Auto-X events are F'ing Great. Sometimes i get that feeling to drive and being able to go drive as hard as i want and practice in a controlled environment is such a awesome feeling. I love Auto-Xing because it improves drivers skill and the person with the fastest cars are sometimes the slowest lol