My Explorer motor is finally getting dyno'd!

OrangeMustangGt

Founding Member
Mar 7, 2002
Cape Cod, MA
Ok, i finally made an appointment at DEZ racing for next monday for a custom dyno tune/chip .... This is what ive been waiting for, see what this motor can really do with my P heads/crane 2031/Explorer intake. Anyway, i know i probably wont reach 300rwhp, but i can dream right? lol. Anyhow, Im getting prepped for the run, and im installing new lifters because the ones i re-used from the old motor seem to tick and i fear they may be loosing lift due to being worn out, so might as whell do it right, while im in there im going to replace my valve seals because i guess i nicked the trickflow ones when i put my motor togther, it smokes a bit on startup, i can smell it. Anyhow, Any hints/tips or anything i should do before i make the pull? I know alot of people have asked me what my motor makes for power, and i couldent tell em!! anyhow, well see what this $600 Junkyard motor can do lol!

• Sponsors (?)

really? youve done buisness with him? Great! because i had called MPE racing, and they told me i could REflash my computer, which seemed strange, and there dyno is down for like 2 weeks, so i went with DEZ....well see how he can tune my car! It dosent run too great now...dont get me wrong, it has way more power than it did, however it idles like rolling the dice, and when it gets warm it drops like 50 hp lol

mike and tuning is like michael jordan and basketball. i've had just small stuff there(i'm too ghetto to pay to mod my car) but i have tons of buddies that go there. one guy, you might see his car there, white notch lx, dez built a 408, on a NOS fogger, pumping about 900ish to the floor(damn street tires slipping). speeking of street tires, the dude ran a high 9's on them!

if i ever get any serious stuff going on, he is the only man to touch my cars