my first cobra

chrisbudl1

Dec 21, 2003
springfield MO
hello all! I just traded a 94 t-bird lx in on a 97 cobra. I was sad to see the t-bird go I had it since 95. The first time I went to the red line in first and second just about shot adrenaline out of my skull. The last 5 speed that I had was a lowered s-10 4 cyl, like nine years ago. This car rocks!!!!!!!! I have a couple of questions for you guys, 96 to 98 owners especially. Being a previous 4.6l t-bird owner all of these bolt on parts for the cobra are awesome. I am wanting to put my 12's in but the q logic box they have been living in won't fit. Do any of you have suggestions on which box to get, the speakers are hollywood and like air space. Second, exhaust. I really don't think that I want to hear raspy as a description for my exhaust personally, from what I have read x pipes do that. So I am thinking eventually shorties h pipe and some kind of cat back. I can't figure out how much louder an offroad pipe would be rather than a catted one. and what kind of cat back should I get. Not that it matters but I had a dynomax cat back on my tbird, too quiet, a little better with delta flow 40s. well any help is greatly appreciated. thanks, chris

• Sponsors (?)

chrisbudl1 said:
hello all! I just traded a 94 t-bird lx in on a 97 cobra. I was sad to see the t-bird go I had it since 95. The first time I went to the red line in first and second just about shot adrenaline out of my skull. The last 5 speed that I had was a lowered s-10 4 cyl, like nine years ago. This car rocks!!!!!!!! I have a couple of questions for you guys, 96 to 98 owners especially. Being a previous 4.6l t-bird owner all of these bolt on parts for the cobra are awesome. I am wanting to put my 12's in but the q logic box they have been living in won't fit. Do any of you have suggestions on which box to get, the speakers are hollywood and like air space. Second, exhaust. I really don't think that I want to hear raspy as a description for my exhaust personally, from what I have read x pipes do that. So I am thinking eventually shorties h pipe and some kind of cat back. I can't figure out how much louder an offroad pipe would be rather than a catted one. and what kind of cat back should I get. Not that it matters but I had a dynomax cat back on my tbird, too quiet, a little better with delta flow 40s. well any help is greatly appreciated. thanks, chris

Welcome! I would definitely put on an H-pipe with maybe Flowmasters, Magnaflows (my vote), Bassani, or Borla, to have a good deep sound. Offroad will be louder than catted, and will give you more power, so go for it if you don't have to worry about emissions. Oh, and POST SOME PICS!