my first expirience with the 05 mustang

MustangGlx

Apr 2, 2003
Connecticut
Im 17 years old, and have loved mustangs every day if my life, i have a 69 mustang grande that i love, and feel very lucky to have. I had not yet seen an 05 mustang until today. I went to the expo center for an auto show. I started at the toyota and worked my way over to ford, saving the best for last. i knew that they had one of the new ford GT's on display but i didnt hear that they had the new mustangs there, i was hoping but i didnt know. after staring at the gt for a good 20 minutes i worked my way over and found the new mustang gt, it was sonic blue, and it looked a million times better in person than it does in print and i liked the way it looked in print. after standing in line for a good 10 minutes i got to sit in it, it was like a religios expirience, i didnt want to get out, it was very comfortable, the gear shift was right where my hand landed, unlike in my 69 where its way to far forward, but it just felt right, the vintage ques were very notacable, sitting in it i definatly saw a LOT of simmilarities to my 69. it had all the good of the vintage stangs and noe of the bad, matched with modern technology, I was awes by how awesome the car was, every piece of the car seemed expertly placed, i wish i could have driven it, i hope to own one some day, but at 17 making 100$ a week, its not looking like its gonna happen for a few years at least, but all and all i was vry impressed and now have set a goal for myself to pick one up before i turn 21, that gives me 4 years, i think i can do it, but for now ill continue to live vicariously through you very lucky people that have one! :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

dont get me wrong i absolutely love my 69, but it awesomeness is more in its nostalgic feel, its quick, its an attention grabber, but its not practicle for a daily driver, not even just in the summer, and with a car like that its easy to worry about it to much, fuel economy is terrible, i make 100$ a week ish, and in the summer when im driving it i pay 60$ a week for gas, thats rough, i would much rather have 2005 because i could use it a lot more more practically, besides a 69 is more of a weekend warrior then a car for use everyday. if someone wants to trade my 69 for there 05, im interested! haha :D

MustangGlx, kudos to you. I have run across way too many young men who either lie about their ride or how much money they make or both, but your post about the 05 and your current car shows alot of maturity and honesty. I hope you do get an 05' or 06' or 07' sooner rather than later. Keep up that attitude and once you graduate I'm sure you will get a good job so that you can afford one.

If I were closer I'd let you drive mine, when it comes in...

Brian S said:
MustangGlx, kudos to you. I have run across way too many young men who either lie about their ride or how much money they make or both, but your post about the 05 and your current car shows alot of maturity and honesty. I hope you do get an 05' or 06' or 07' sooner rather than later. Keep up that attitude and once you graduate I'm sure you will get a good job so that you can afford one.

If I were closer I'd let you drive mine, when it comes in...

Thanks, im glad you understood what i meant, Im going to wyotech after highschool, so hopefully ill do well there, and the first thing im going to do after i get a decent job and pay off my student loans is treat my self to an 05+ mustang

MustangGlx said:
Thanks, im glad you understood what i meant, Im going to wyotech after highschool, so hopefully ill do well there, and the first thing im going to do after i get a decent job and pay off my student loans is treat my self to an 05+ mustang

hey i am going to wyotech to in april, down in pennsylvania i cant wait

Joe.

Do us all a favor. Especially yourself.

NEVER... EVER.. EVER sell your 69. EVER.

Keep it until you can give it to your kids. I know it sounds funny or weird or dumb or whatever, but just trust me. I'm 25 now, and I wish I would have kept my first 65 Mustang more than anything.

You'll get the new one someday too.

SixFivePony said:
Joe.

Do us all a favor. Especially yourself.

NEVER... EVER.. EVER sell your 69. EVER.

Keep it until you can give it to your kids. I know it sounds funny or weird or dumb or whatever, but just trust me. I'm 25 now, and I wish I would have kept my first 65 Mustang more than anything.

You'll get the new one someday too.

I know i would miss the car if i ever sold it, but i might have to in the next few months, wyotech is fairly expensive, and i have no where neer what its going to cost me, and im gonna need money for reliable transportation to, thats where an 05 would be awesome haha, i have a 9 hour drive there and its gonna be a 9 hour drive each way every break i get, hopefully ill work it out, ild love to keep it, i know an 05 is outa the question completely, but it would be a much better cantidate for the trip than my 69 or the 83

MustangGlx said:
I know i would miss the car if i ever sold it, but i might have to in the next few months, wyotech is fairly expensive, and i have no where neer what its going to cost me, and im gonna need money for reliable transportation to, thats where an 05 would be awesome haha, i have a 9 hour drive there and its gonna be a 9 hour drive each way every break i get, hopefully ill work it out, ild love to keep it, i know an 05 is outa the question completely, but it would be a much better cantidate for the trip than my 69 or the 83

Guess why I sold my first 65? Yep, school.

Trust me... FIND somewhere to leave it. Get yourself a 1000 dollar beater car when you get up to Wyotech, take the damn bus back and forth for breaks.

Please trust me. You'll kill yourself over letting the car go, just like I did... Then, you'll be older and realize that you have to buy another car, and the last several years you could have been planning mods instead of looking for antoher car.