My Fog lights must be too bright

blacksheep06

Jan 31, 2006
I get the "dim your lights" flash by every other car I meet when my fog lights are on. Am I missing something here because I haven't found away to turn them down. They look great, but I kind of feel like a jerk blinding everybody.

• Sponsors (?)

Yes, all 4 are on. I don't get any flashes when it's just the fogs ad the parking lights or just the head lamps.

And yes, I always return the favor.

But this happens literally everynight in the country. I don't see how SO many people could be wrong. It's probably like 1 out of every 20 literally.

Do any of you guys get the flash? If your around street lights it doesn't happen but out in the country is a different ball game.

I get it occasionally. There's almost no way the things are actually blinding anybody. I am easily blinded, on the road, and I've never been bothered by a Mustang with the fogs+lights on. People just jump to the conclusion that you have brights on when they see four lights.

I see you have your car lowered. Did you have the headlights/foglights re-aimed?

The lights are set for the stock rake of the car. Lowering the rear more than the front (as most kits do) will move the headlight/foglight cut off line up a good bit.

Could be your problem.

I see you have your car lowered. Did you have the headlights/foglights re-aimed?

The lights are set for the stock rake of the car. Lowering the rear more than the front (as most kits do) will move the headlight/foglight cut off line up a good bit.

Could be your problem.

:lol: Ok??? Never heard that argument before...... If anything, lowering the car is going to make the headlights aim lower, not higher, to where you'd never get a "flash" from other people.

As for me... I've never once had someone flash their high beams at me, and I always run with all four on.

do you have the headlights on as well? many people assume that you have your brights on if there are 4 lights in the front.

I agree that this is the problem. Old guys like me remember that two pair of lights means high beams. Flashing is almost reactionary and has nothing to do with actually being blinded. I think if our fogs were tinted yellow or positioned lower they wouldn't cause so much of a reaction.

Although I haven't used them in the fog yet, they appear to be very effective, lighting up the area close to the front of the car.

Happens to me all the time as well. I'm of the same opinion that it's got more to do with the placement of the fogs and oncoming drivers reacting to the sight of 4 "headlights" than actually being blinded by them. For awhile there was this one knucklehead that I would encounter every evening on my way home from work who instead of flashing me would put his lights on high beam and just leave them there. Ironically he was driving a jacked up monster F-150 with lights that appeared to have never been readjusted once the truck was lifted. Go figure...

:lol: Ok??? Never heard that argument before...... If anything, lowering the car is going to make the headlights aim lower, not higher, to where you'd never get a "flash" from other people.

Only if the car is lowered equally front and rear. If you drop the rear more than the front it will move the cut off line up relative to the horizontal mid-line of the car.

Think of a heavely loaded car.(trunk)

Maybe they're flashing you because you're using your foglights and there is no fog, therefore no reason for them to be on. :shrug:

I would have to respectfully disagree. They give added visability to the just about worthless (IMHO) low beams. I would rather be safer with better visibility and use them all the time. Like everyone else said, it's not like they're blindingly bright. Plus I see people all the time driving all types of vehicles with their foglights on in addition to their low beams. Just my personal opinion though.

I was 'warning flashed' by a sherrif (ford expedition) that was about 2 cars away in the oncoming lane with all he had... light bar, spot, fogs, high beams.:notnice: :notnice:

I thought about flipping around and following the guy, but i didn't want to get shot.:bang: