my gripe

Irv

Founding Member
Apr 26, 2000
KS
Let me start by saying, I really like the new mustang, but, I have a teeny gripe about it. No, it's not the interior, or the back end, it's the headlight buckets (for lack of a better term) Why can't they be body color like they were on the concept? I want them to be body color behind the covers. Is this just me? Or does this annoy anyone else? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

The production light buckets look like they were made for mass production (a single unit installed after the body has been painted) whereas in the concept, they didn't really have to worry about things like that.

Concept = Possible

Production = Practical

Well Ford was clearly going for the look of the 69 Boss with the blacked out headlight buckets. I think if the 69 Boss treatment was taken all the way with the center of the hood blacked out it would look good. Otherwise you can always have the painted to match the body color

Svtpilot said:
Well Ford was clearly going for the look of the 69 Boss with the blacked out headlight buckets. I think if the 69 Boss treatment was taken all the way with the center of the hood blacked out it would look good. Otherwise you can always have the painted to match the body color

But if the car is black, the buckets are not blacked out, they're silver, so I don't think it's the boss look, seems that they just want them to contrast. If it was the full boss look with the anti-glare hood, I think I'd like it. Yeah, they could probably be painted, but I'm lazy......

There really is a solution that is VERY easy to do! Go to your local paint store and have them mix up some paint to match the color of your car, then take it all apart and paint the peices you want to match. Or you could just take it to your favorite body shop and let him do it for you.....

Problem, issue and gripe, SOLVED!
:D

Irv said:
Let me start by saying, I really like the new mustang, but, I have a teeny gripe about it. No, it's not the interior, or the back end, it's the headlight buckets (for lack of a better term) Why can't they be body color like they were on the concept? I want them to be body color behind the covers. Is this just me? Or does this annoy anyone else? :shrug:

Will you be purchasing a new car within the next 12 months?

Will this one item make you get another vehicle than the 2005 Mustang?

351CJ said:
Will you be purchasing a new car within the next 12 months?

Will this one item make you get another vehicle than the 2005 Mustang?

I probably will buy one, I'm just not sure how soon. I'd like to see what the SE will be.

No, it's not enough to sway me away from the Mustang, it just annoys me. :) (me being lazy and all)

I am a Mustang guy, just ask my wife, I have 3 of them at the moment.....

Irv said:
I probably will buy one, I'm just not sure how soon. I'd like to see what the SE will be.

No, it's not enough to sway me away from the Mustang, it just annoys me. :) (me being lazy and all)

I am a Mustang guy, just ask my wife, I have 3 of them at the moment.....

Exactly what I thought.

These are the things that give the marketing people ulcers. If you did a poll
I'd guess that 30% would say they like the black, 30% would say they don't like it and 40% would say they don't care one way or the other.