My head swap thread!

CAMAROEATER01 said:
holy batman Ryan wrote his first reply that we can understand :jaw:

mhm. I typed it, then i looked at what i typed. Took me 5 more seconds but ill start proof reading from now on. :eek:

mob said:
Thanks, its an explorer intake, or explore! :) But when I put the mufflers on I did notice it rev alittle faster, flowmasters suck!
ok thanks. Where did you pic up the intake? Did you just grab it at a local junkyard or did you drive somewhere to get it?

BTW is your mustang your daily driver?

• Sponsors (?)

ryan218 said:
ok thanks. Where did you pic up the intake? Did you just grab it at a local junkyard or did you drive somewhere to get it?

BTW is your mustang your daily driver?

I looked on corral forums, found the upper and lower local for $200, went to pick it up.

And yes my mustang is my daily driver

fox racer said:
you need some subframes my man. also, wat kind of mufflers are those? (company/style) and does summit sell them?

I need alot of things :(

But their dynomax race bullets, I got mine from summit for 35 bucksish each, i think it was like 74 total shipped. Exhaust s hop charged 60 bucks to weld them in, no tailpipes though.

ryan218 said:
what were you driving while the mustang was getting heads swaped.

and how much money have you put into the engine so far? if you dont mine teling us?

Nothing :( it was fall break so I didnt have to worry about school, but I either got a ride from my friend or had to wait till 6pm for my moms car to get to work, needless to say I was late everyday from thursday to monday, their pissed at me but oh well, they need me im not getting fired. And just in the engine?

$290 for heads
$200 for intake
$250 for headers
Thats all the money ive spent on the engine

$150ish i think for a bcam and powered by ford charged like 900 bucks to install it, my dad had that done a long time ago.

This is of course not including stuff like gaskets, bolts, sealant, spark plugs, all that extra crap you have to spend money on. COOLANT i probably have more then 200 bucks in buying coolant for my damn car, either through leaks, having to flush it, or it just disapearing :shrug:

Thats just the major engine parts, I have small stuff like distributor, rotor, wires, new starter about $100, new alternator about $80, had to get a new clutch cable and fwa and quadrant, came out of jake lomattas shop with a $700 bill including labor and parts, about 100 for the fwa cable and quadrant, like $160 for gears, $80 for the bearing kit, and about $250 to install, came out of jake lomattas with another $700 bill cause I had to get all new rear brakes. The car has a good amount of money in it for a highschool student :( Ive been working for a year and a half now and have 20 bucks sitting on my desk, thats all the money i have till next wednesday, I pull in about 300 every 2 weeks. Next pay check is insurance time, and I have a $200 ticket to pay. Someone on corral is about to buy my headers that didnt work on the p heads, just waiting for the payment.

mob said:
Nothing :( it was fall break so I didnt have to worry about school, but I either got a ride from my friend or had to wait till 6pm for my moms car to get to work, needless to say I was late everyday from thursday to monday, their pissed at me but oh well, they need me im not getting fired. And just in the engine?

$290 for heads
$200 for intake
$250 for headers

$150ish i think for a bcam and powered by ford charged like 900 bucks to install it, my dad had that done a long time ago.

This is of course not including stuff like gaskets, bolts, sealant, spark plugs, all that extra crap you have to spend money on. COOLANT i probably have more then 200 bucks in buying coolant for my damn car, either through leaks, having to flush it, or it just disapearing :shrug:

Thats just the major engine parts, I have small stuff like distributor, rotor, wires, new starter about $100, new alternator about $80, had to get a new clutch cable and fwa and quadrant, came out of jake lomattas shop with a $700 bill including labor and parts, about 100 for the fwa cable and quadrant, like $160 for gears, $80 for the bearing kit, and about $250 to install, came out of jake lomattas with another $700 bill cause I had to get all new rear brakes. The car has a good amount of money in it for a highschool student :( Ive been working for a year and a half now and have 20 bucks sitting on my desk, thats all the money i have till next wednesday, I pull in about 300 every 2 weeks. Next pay check is insurance time, and I have a $200 ticket to pay. Someone on corral is about to buy my headers that didnt work on the p heads, just waiting for the payment.

yeah i see where your coming from...

So i take it that this was your dads car at one time then you bought it from him? or he gave it to you? :shrug:

ryan218 said:
yeah i see where your coming from...

So i take it that this was your dads car at one time then you bought it from him? or he gave it to you? :shrug:

My dad used to buy and sell alot of mustangs, we found this one on the side of the road for 1800 bucks, it was just another one of his mustangs and I ended up getting it when i was like 15.

mob said:

$290 for heads
$200 for intake
$250 for headers

900$ for cam install :jaw: So thats the kind of money you spend when you dont install everything yourself:nonono:

ryan218 said:
nice. got any pics from then?
It was like a year and a half ago car looks the same. He posted a video when he first got it. He was driving it in a storage parking lot. I belive it looks the same he just cleaned it good and got different rims cause he had prime rims on it.

Did your idle level out under 1000 RPM after the engine warmed up?

If not, you should set it down a little lower, say 700-800.

Little idle demons are everywhere on SN... :eek:

Henceforward said:
Did your idle level out under 1000 RPM after the engine warmed up?

If not, you should set it down a little lower, say 700-800.

Little idle demons are everywhere on SN... :eek:

Yep the car idles at about 700 ON THE DOT, no lie ON THE DOT, and every time the cam chops its like a slap in the chest. No idle problems for me :)

mercurycapri said:
Wish I could hear the video of your car idling my dang computer is crap. I really would like to know what those bullets sound like. I'm sure they sound sweet would like to buy some for my 351W capri

Yea they sound amazing, theyd be perfect on a 351 if your looking for something loudly and beastly.

Nice work man! So I wonder how much it would cost to fly you up here and help with my HCI swap in the spring? :D

Just joking....I do hope to start tearing into my car this spring. The Stang has been officially locked up for the winter (snow this weekend) :mad:

aaron11272 said:
Nah - the car gets stored about 40 minutes away from me (my wife's grandmothers house). It would be a PITA to drive out there every day after work.

ohh. yeah mine may..may be getting stored this winter too. becasue right after paint..who wants to sit there car out. plus it would be kept in a heated garage so i think it would be a plus.
whats the best way to store a car?

put it on jack stands?
is there anything that i can run threw the engine. every week or so it would get started and let run for a couple minutes but is there anything that would be better for it? :shrug:

thanks.

mob with your car being a DD you drive it all winter to?