MY HIGH FLOW CATS QUESTION???MY SERVICE LIGHT CAME ON PLEASE HELP

03MaCh1nE

Oct 18, 2006
MY NEW CATS FROM SLP HELP!!!!

OK WELL I FINISHED INSTALLING MY SLP X-PIPE WITH CATS AND IT SOUNDS AWSOME...

BUT FOR SOME REASON WHEN I WAS DRIVING TODAY MY SERVICE ENIGINE SOON LIGHT CAME ON...I WAS A SCANNER/COMPUTER THAT TELLS ME WHATS WRONG...IT SAID THAT THE CATS SYSTEM EFFICIENTCY BLEW THRESHOLD????

CAN YALL PLEASE HELP ME OUT..AND DOES THIS MEAN I FAIL EMISSIONS ,AND HAVE TO BUY SOMETHING ELSE????

PLEASE HELP MY BUDDIES!!!!!1:shrug: :SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

OK WELL I FINISHED INSTALLING MY SLP X-PIPE WITH CATS AND IT SOUNDS AWSOME...

BUT FOR SOME REASON WHEN I WAS DRIVING TODAY MY SERVICE ENIGINE SOON LIGHT CAME ON...I WAS A SCANNER/COMPUTER THAT TELLS ME WHATS WRONG...IT SAID THAT THE CATS SYSTEM EFFICIENTCY BLEW THRESHOLD????

CAN YALL PLEASE HELP ME OUT..AND DOES THIS MEAN I FAIL EMISSIONS ,AND HAVE TO BUY SOMETHING ELSE????

PLEASE HELP MY BUDDIES!!!!!1:shrug: :SNSign:

Are you using MIL eliminators? If not, you need them.

A common misconception around here is that just because you use a catted mid-pipe, that you won't need MIL elims. The reality is, the Ford PCM and catalyst monitors (rear o2 sensors) are calibrated to monitor the efficiency of the OEM cats, not aftermarket ones.

You will probably pass emissions, but you're still going to need those MIL elims.

sgarlic said:
Are you using MIL eliminators? If not, you need them.

A common misconception around here is that just because you use a catted mid-pipe, that you won't need MIL elims. The reality is, the Ford PCM and catalyst monitors (rear o2 sensors) are calibrated to monitor the efficiency of the OEM cats, not aftermarket ones.

You will probably pass emissions, but you're still going to need those MIL elims.

lol i just posted a similar post in the other thread

Before you go out and buy MIL eliminators, reset your PCM to clear the codes and adaptive learning data in the PCM and see if the SES light comes back on first. Just disconnect the battery for 30+ minutes, then reconnect it.

If the light comes back on, get the MIL eliminators.

you should pass inspection just fine though. I did with my slp x but they only do a visual inspection and a engine code test to make sure you dont have codes. around my area thats all they do if you have a 2000+ vehicle