My how much can I get thread.

mob

the guy who hits on his mom
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Oct 3, 2003
Dallas, TX
Hey guys, really considering selling my car. I like it and ill probably get another nice fast car later on, but right now Id like a cheap car thats good on gas. Id like to get like 5k but im guessing around 4?

Drivetrain- 17x9 cobra r's, aluminum uca's, Eibach Prokit.

Engine-
GT40p heads
1.6 Scorpion roller rockers
Ford B cam
GT40/explorer Intake
FRPP Shorty headers
O/r Hpipe
Bullet mufflers
A/C, Smog removed
King cobra clutch, maximum motorsports quadrant and FWA

Accesories- PA performance starter
Battery relocated
new alternator
new cd/mp3 player

I am currently in the process of polishing the lip on the black cobra r's. Oil was changed every 3k miles. Its been a daily driver for the past 2 years, and is still running strong, only bad side is it has 154k miles witch is not very attractive but it dosent feel like it. It ran 13.3 on slicks before the head swap and should run high 12's now all day.

img6697od4.jpg

79902484ld7.jpg

1003564rh8.jpg

1003581ye0.jpg

1003352ev6.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

A cheap car that's good on gas? Your mustang is already paid for, and should get close to mid 20's in terms of MPG if you don't constantly pound it. That's a nice car. You'd be sort of foolish to sell it unless there is something else that you really want.

You can atleast get 5-6K. However, there's A LOT of guys out there right now selling their V8's because gas is high. You'll sell it and you'll regret it for the rest of your life.

If I were still shopping I'd easily give $4,500 for it as it sits... Maybe $5,000. But realize that real 5.0's are a rarity in Alabama and southern Tennessee. Realisticly I'd put $5,100 obo and pray for $4-5k :nice:

this is no joke, do you want a 7up fox, or a 93 mint condition notch with a 4 banger? It has 30k on it, and 75k on the vert, the vert gets around 20 and the notch gets around 30.

Send me a pm about the notch. If it is a close to FL I may be interested. Pics would be nice.

A cheap car that's good on gas? Your mustang is already paid for, and should get close to mid 20's in terms of MPG if you don't constantly pound it. That's a nice car. You'd be sort of foolish to sell it unless there is something else that you really want.

Show me a 5.0 fox with 3.73's, his mods and his mileage that will get 25 mpg and I'll kiss your buttocks :scratch:

I've owned 3 of these cars and modded everyone of them. I got 20mpg from an 86GT rebuilt (totally) back to stock with a small cam and that was before I got 3.55's which dropped it back to 18mpg or so.

the gas savings between a 20mpg and 30mpg car is like $500 if you drive ~10,000 miles a year i think. i dont think i put nearly that many miles on my car but you probably drive year round in FL dont you?

i mean, thats like an extra $42 a month--granted gas is constantly on the rise.

i really think you'd miss it.

Again ... :Word:

Gas mileage cost differences are usually negligible for most folks. Mine was only a factor because I have a LOT of driving every month, every day, so the savings of going from a 20-MPG Notch to a 26-MPG TurdBird was plenty significant. Running 91-92 octane in the Notch, I was spending about $275 a month in gasoline JUST for the to/from work trips (not counting the running around on weekends); with the TurdBird, I spent just under $200 last month on fuel. So, $75/month savings times 12 months = $900 a year. (Imagine what it'd be if I'd been desperate enough to buy a 40-MPG Geo Metro... :eek: ... which I'm seriously starting to consider, now.) That's a chunk o' change for me ... but, again, that's just MY situation.

On the other hand, 90% of folks here aren't retarded like I am, since I elected to work a job 35 miles away from home, especially one that only pays $12/hour. Most Fox owners only have a 15 to 30-minute commute per day, I'm assuming - probably more like 30 minutes round-trip - so the savings in going from a Fox to whatever else just isn't worth giving up the power, handling, workability, and general experience of Fox ownership.

And besides ... seller's remorse will overrule any temporary joy found in selling a Fox. That is, of course, unless you can somehow double your money by selling it, in which case you are therefore OBLIGATED to invest said profits into ANOTHER Fox... :D

Show me a 5.0 fox with 3.73's, his mods and his mileage that will get 25 mpg and I'll kiss your buttocks :scratch:

I've owned 3 of these cars and modded everyone of them. I got 20mpg from an 86GT rebuilt (totally) back to stock with a small cam and that was before I got 3.55's which dropped it back to 18mpg or so.

I got around 25 all the time driving mine on the highway. This was with 3.73s, but a stock cam, not a B-cam (not sure how that would hurt it). My dads 11 second motor is in my brothers 86 now, with 19 lbrs instead of 24s, and he has been seeing right around 24-25 on his highway commute. This car has 3.55s but still gets decent mileage for throwing 290+ rwhp out!

:Word:
You could buy a second vehicle if it's that big of a problem. I would pull some timing out of it and run 87 if you're not already, that will save you some money.

I got around 25 all the time driving mine on the highway. This was with 3.73s, but a stock cam, not a B-cam (not sure how that would hurt it). My dads 11 second motor is in my brothers 86 now, with 19 lbrs instead of 24s, and he has been seeing right around 24-25 on his highway commute. This car has 3.55s but still gets decent mileage for throwing 290+ rwhp out!

bend over :p

*puckers lips*