My II is out to pasture until further notice.

ABSOLUTELY NO AUTOMATICS!!!! I am tired of people recommending them. I find them boring, and I'm not just talking racing, I"m talking just driving around. I love shifting gears, I LOVE manual trannies. My daily driver is most likely going to be a manual. I'm not doing it for just racing, I'm doing it because I like manual trannies. I have owned an automatic and I've owned a manual. I have driven an auto with over 400 hp, a 12 second car. And I was disapointed that I couldn't shift the gears. Whats wrong with simply not wanting an auto? And why do I have to fix it myself? I'm a 105lb 18 year old girl, I know nothing about swapping trannies or anything. I'm not that strong, and I don't want to F it up. I just want it done right, and professionally.

• Sponsors (?)

I have to say I really like my auto's. However the only stick I like is the t-5. Ever since I first drove my first one back in 83. I would also agree with a world class as a nice upgrade for a mild perfromance motor (300-400hp). Most people that I know are not wild about the gears/noise, and shifting of a tremac or tko. Plus there are revised T-5's now that handle 600hp horsepower for $900 they modify yours, or like $1200 out the door. Eventually I myself will use their T-5 in place of mine in my 93 Stang.

fastmustangII, don't go the auto route if you don't want to. they have their place and it definitley isn't with you. If you're setup for a t-5 then stick with it but go for the heavy duty version, the 7003z, it's the strongest. i've been using one behind my 351 for 6 years now without any trouble and i'm not gentle on it. price is roughly $1200. you supplying the labor and shipping cost, they don't come with a warranty either. good luck

vetwhat said:
fastmustangII, don't go the auto route if you don't want to. they have their place and it definitley isn't with you. If you're setup for a t-5 then stick with it but go for the heavy duty version, the 7003z, it's the strongest. i've been using one behind my 351 for 6 years now without any trouble and i'm not gentle on it. price is roughly $1200. you supplying the labor and shipping cost, they don't come with a warranty either. good luck

Thank! I'll check it out! :)

74ProII said:
I have to say I really like my auto's. Eventually I myself will use their T-5 in place of mine in my 93 Stang.

I have to honestly say that I purposely waited three long years to find the MII that I wanted and AUTO was one of the features that was a MUST along with A/C and other things. I avoided any with a stick. Besides Farrah's car didn't have a stick. :D

fastmustangII said:
ABSOLUTELY NO AUTOMATICS!!!!

Cool, a girl that insists on stick.

You and Wife have something in common.

:rolleyes:

I am tired of people recommending them. I find them boring,

For me it's about controol. A manual valve body will give me the gear I want when I want it, but the converter won't give it to me how I want it on a shift by shift basis.

I just want it done right, and professionally.

Good freaking luck.

The reason I brought up an automatic is because your haveing so much trouble finding someone to do good work on your car, seems installing an auto is a bunch easier than making sure everythings right with a manual.

Your not going to find a whole lot of professional mechanics anymore. We've been replaced by parts changers in a core society. That is, they send you the part, you send them the core.

Had I been the one installing your last transmission I would have not only measured everything I would have at least partially disassembled the box to try and make sure it wouldn't blow apart on you.

Good luck.

Wart said:
Cool, a girl that insists on stick.

You and Wife have something in common.

:rolleyes:

For me it's about controol. A manual valve body will give me the gear I want when I want it, but the converter won't give it to me how I want it on a shift by shift basis.

Good freaking luck.

The reason I brought up an automatic is because your haveing so much trouble finding someone to do good work on your car, seems installing an auto is a bunch easier than making sure everythings right with a manual.

Your not going to find a whole lot of professional mechanics anymore. We've been replaced by parts changers in a core society. That is, they send you the part, you send them the core.

Had I been the one installing your last transmission I would have not only measured everything I would have at least partially disassembled the box to try and make sure it wouldn't blow apart on you.

Good luck.
The problem is not installation the problem is that the tranny was from a salvage yard and the previous one wasn't rebuilt before it was put in the car. I agree the mechanic should have taken apart the tranny and made sure that it was in good working order. But that was just that one mechanic. The mechanic who fixed my first transmission did his job and fix 2nd gear and that damn 2nd gear was the only gear the shifter would go in when the others were locked up. :rolleyes: