MY ****ING CAR BURNED DOWN!!!!!!

I would like to add however, that your unfortunate incident is the VERY reason why we don't allow officers to hold, use, carry, or apply tools of ANY kind when within visual distance of military aircraft. :D

Good luck with the final outcome of your car though. Very sad.

Haha, I guess i deserve that. Thats why the Air Force trusts officers to fly the $150 million jet, break them in the air, and bring them back for maintaince to fix :nice: Best of both worlds if you ask me.....

anyway.....

Today was a good day. Very good. Last night, after wrestling with the idea for a month, I finally decided that my baby's replacement will be a black 05 GT, instead of a terminator. There is a hole nother thread about that too.

On top of that, USAA FINALLY called back with a settlement. After more than a month, and countless phonecalls and voicemails, they decided that my car was worth $21,663. Subtract my deductible from that, and i'm left with $21,163. I WAS ESTATIC!!! I damn near broke even. My most optimistic wish was 20k, and they beat that by almost 2k!!

Next course of action....purchase that black 05 i've had my eye on. manual, 16k miles, they're asking for 22k, but i'm sure i can talk them down, considering it hasn't been selling, and i'm paying cash.

here's my dilema now. Do i pay for it all, completely cover it, and not have any car payment at all? or....... make a very large downpayment, and save myself 6 or 7k to do the standard mods, as well as a supercharger?????? choices choices choices.....

• Sponsors (?)

Haha, I guess i deserve that. Thats why the Air Force trusts officers to fly the $150 million jet, break them in the air, and bring them back for maintaince to fix :nice: Best of both worlds if you ask me.....

Hahaha... There was just no way that I could resist an opening like that. :D

I'm glad to hear that things are coming together for you. :nice: