Progress Thread My Kenne Bell Twin Screw'd Foxbody thread, (new addition to the family)

So I went down to my home town San Diego for our honeymoon and what do I see when we went to dinner? This...
IMG_3134.JPG

Some people just don't deserve new S550 Mustangs!

On a side note yes you do see rain, it rains in SoCal from time to time and what do you know, dozens of people died. It's pretty sad.

• Sponsors (?)

For us Cobra IRS guys. @Hoytster @RacEoHolic330 @90sickfox @bird_dog0347 did I forget anyone?

Go to 7:10 in this video for hard tail modification (I would do it a little different but his works) and then at 9:00 he shows his tire clearance which is much improved. He's running an 18x9.5 wheel with 275's out back. Still a ton of work just to fit wider wheels/tires but hey, it's a sickness. If it were easy it wouldn't be as much fun and everyone would be doing it.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OLZwbCxCoQ

Jack Hidley said that you better be sure to get the hard tail mount just right. Any binding while bolting in the subframe can cause misalignment of the control arm mounting points.

@nelzfoxes maybe interested in this

Reactions: 1 user
Spring time update. As most of my mods are done with my car I don't have much to post here anymore. I however have a couple of things to share. I finished up my 2017 Mustang seat install. The bags were blown on both seats and it cost $195 at an upholstery shop to remove the seat back covers, sew the inside seam, sew the outside seam and reinstall. All in all I have about $600 invested in these seats and I love them!
IMG_3332.JPG
IMG_3331.JPG

I also finally got a decent car cover. I bought it from LMR, it's a deluxe CoverCraft brand, 3 layer, indoor/outdoor but will only be used indoor in my garage. Fits well and keeps the dust off my car and protects from small bumps and scratches from kid traffic in the garage. Cost is $130
IMG_3329.JPG

Reactions: 6 users
Those seats are excellent, man they look good in there.:nice:
Thank you. I agree and I don't think they look too modern for the Foxbody.
Those seats look so nice and modern. How's the seat height compare to stock?

How did you track them down anyway?
Seat height was a little tall for me due to using 3/4" sq. tube to create a frame to attach the seat tracks too. I ended up cutting down the feet on the tracks (rear only) to reduce the height and it worked perfectly.

Page 88 is where I show how I built the frame and attached tracks
https://www.stangnet.com/mustang-fo...rew_2017-mustang-seats-install.878656/page-88

Edit: I'll add that I'm 6'-3" so for a shorter person you may not find it to be too tall.

Where are you guys finding them? I wonder if the corbeau black cloth rear seat would match it well

Edit: looks like $300 each on eBay plus freight charge. Guess I'll need to look local. I kinda like the red ones

Last edited:
Pretty sweet LED tail light modification. Kind of S550'ish. I think some tinting of the lenses with a with some nightshade would be an improvement and don't care much for the sequential style turn signal but overall this is pretty cool.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qZ8Gw6NWq8

I've watched a bunch of this guy's videos. His mods are clever and creative, but the execution is always a little more hack than I would do things. Makes for good inspiration for trying new things though.

Looks great man, and those 15+ seats look way better (more comfortable) than my 14GT that I daily. That said, I sat in some Corbeau GTS II seats last week and I like them way better than my SVE S1 seats so I'll upgrade to those later, or maybe some classic style Recaro's but that'd be double the cost I'm afraid.

@a91what
Question for you regarding octane vs. AFR

Upon my most recent fill up at my usual 76 gas station I noticed they have switched their premium fuel to 92 octane. Before the best I could find in my area was 91 and that's what I'm tuned on. The last two days I've driven my 5.0 since the fill up with 92 octane ( i was near empty) i've noticed my idle AFR dropped a half point from 13.5'ish to 12.9-13.1

My car has always idled smoother being a little on the rich side in the mid thirteens but now it's getting too low IMO. Do you think the 92 octane did this? I'm going to get a new data log through the rpm and boost range next time I drive it to see if anything else has changed.