My little project *PICS*

98BLKGT

Founding Member
Dec 23, 2001
Chicago area
I had to remove and inspect the lower intake manifold so I decided to do all this other stuff with it. One thing led to another...
mustangavatar.JPG

fms-m-6582-l302.jpg

DSC01538.jpg

DSC01519.jpg

DSC01516.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks guys. I actually just bought the car begining of this year. I will post more pictures. But first, I applied this clear finish to the intake and it turned out frosty and messed the whole thing up. So I am redoing the whole thing. I think this time I will use the black "wrinkle" finish. Would you do the wrinkle, matte, or glossy? Leave the red pin stripe or just the red "trick flow" logo like in one of the pictures?

Thanks guys. I actually just bought the car begining of this year. I will post more pictures. But first, I applied this clear finish to the intake and it turned out frosty and messed the whole thing up. So I am redoing the whole thing. I think this time I will use the black "wrinkle" finish. Would you do the wrinkle, matte, or glossy? Leave the red pin stripe or just the red "trick flow" logo like in one of the pictures?

1. If you used paint and clear from a can, it is typical for doing what it did. Or if the clear is a different brand/ has different chemicals, it will lift or be foggy.

2. I would leave the red pin stripe and red letters, and leave it gloss black, just like the picture above....That intake looks GREAT!!! I wouldn't touch it!!!

That car is damn SEKSI!!!!!!!! i had the same problem when i tried to clear some parts, turns out the rattle can wasnt at room temperature. I guess if it goes on and the can temperature is too cool, it has a tendency to fog like that.