My mod motor turbo build

I decided at the end of last race season that I wanted to turbo my car. Since I am at home for a few weeks helping out with the new baby I started my turbo build. I am using a Precision T-70 turbo, Procharger 3 core sheetmetal intercooler, Tial 44mm waste gate, tial blow off valve and building the hot and cold side piping myself. I have the kit finished and running, I just have to put the front suspension back on the car. Here are some pics.

600_4.6_turbo_pics_027.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Looks really good!!! Did you just paint the hot side? I'm looking to find a good coating place. :nice: :nice:
I've seen 2.5 lbs on mine, and I don't even have wheels on it!!:)

Nate

I painted the hot side with Plasticoat high temp paint. I hung all the parts over my propane heater for 30 min on high to get them warm, painted them with 2 or 3 coats and heated them again. Seems to work ok. I will coat the hot side later after I have bought everything else i need.

looks sweet... why didnt you ATLEAST polish that turbo :) ( ok thats eric saying that) and excuse me mr.. wheres the sonic blue valve covers??

:D
jeff # 2's been quiet... wait I just looked hes:ban: ????

The sonic blue valve covers don't fit the heads that are on the car right now. The heads they fit were injured in a nitrous backfire. I will be getting them fixed and ported so I can use the sweet blue valve covers in the future.

As for the polishing I will leave that to Eric. There are enough cars out there that look good. Now we need some that run good.