my mustang nightmare...fallujahmedic, i relate with you

jlangholzj

Mustang Master
Oct 23, 2006
CLT
fallujahmedic, if it make you feel any better, i recently had a runin involving my car too:

altough I'm only 16 I've been dreaming about mustangs since i was born. Well this year my dream came true. In my neck of the woods there's a shop that a guy by the name of Jack Dressen and his brothers run. They redo about 20 mustangs, tbirds and cougars a year. Jack was able to find me a 68 coupe, NV car, absolutely no rust and Every single weld on the car was FACTORY absolutely beautiful car.

well this other guy (who will remain unnamed) had first dibbs on this car and he decided to buy it :( . however upon buying it he then decied he didnt want it and was going to resell it. I was first in line. So i picked out my Sonic blue color for it and he had just removed a beefed up 302 out of another car with tone of chrome that i was able to snag for an extra $1000. I know great deal. but its like an infomercial, but wait theres more!!!

So the guy had it for 3 months and we gave him an extra week beyond the deadline that we gave him. so we pull into his yard and we have to wait another 3 hours befor its assembled. well it turns out that it isnt even done yet. well i can put up with that. we started it up and it never really run. well its cold....timings not wuite right...ect. and mind you we have about a 3 hour trip home again. and his "best paint job ever" wasn't even that hot. so we try to start it the next day, and we couldnt even turn the motor with a socket on the flywheel. when it did turn, it SQUEAKED :( EWWW so we took it over to the dresen shop and we drop the pan. THE OIL PUMP ISNT EVEN SYNCED WITH THE DISTRIB! NOT WORKING!!!!!!! so we took the motor appart. the most freaking carnage i have ever seen. we couldnt even move the con rod and piston head, comepletely froze.

So he was goin to send up the old motor and pay for the rebuild ( damn right cause i stopped his check) well about three days after it was supposed to be there, still no motor.....grrrrrr....we told him as it sits, only worth about 9 grand, sure we gont a new tranny, but we dont even know if it works because WE DONT HAVE AN ENGINE!!!! well he began to .... and moan about that he had more than that in the car. so we told him then we'll return the car and he can give us our money back. well he didnt have the money so.... WE WIN!!!

now he has no involvement in the car and its in good hands, and like you said FallujahMedic it gave me that warm and fuzzing feeling inside. now its on its way to running free like any pony should be able to.

• Sponsors (?)

That is unfortunate, I'm also a teenager and last year when I was first looking into a mustang I found a really sweet 65 on ebay, it looked perfect, I had never bought a car off ebay so I didn't know the procedure, well it ends up the day i sent the payment, via western union of course...(how dumb can I be) i didn't receive a confirmation # from ebay... i stopped the transaction called ebay they found out it was a fraud... Then I saw what looked like a pretty decent 67 up in northern California, we took the 5 hr trip up, visited some family and then saw the car... we got there, and of course my mind started playing tricks on me saying oh rust here not that bad, oh wow do you hear that engine!! but luckily my dad had some bad experiences in the past so he knew better, we left it there, the guy painted over the rust, didn't remove it, dressed it up with some Eleanor stuff and gave me a sob story... Well they say the 3rd try will work, and it did! my parents found a pristine 66 here in thousand oaks. Only problem is now she's stuck at the paint shop... we know the painter personally but still it has taken him 3 months to do anything on it.
Being young i trust other people but I hate when people betray it like that, glad it worked out in your favor:nice:

First fraud:
12.jpg

09.jpg

06.jpg