My NEGATIVE expiriences with DALLAS MUSTANG (MUST READ!!)

xoxbxfx

Founding Member
May 9, 2001
Southlake, TX
SORRY FOR THE LONG READ BUT YOU MAY REALLY UNDERSTAND WHO DM REALLY IS. Guys I havent posted here much beacuse I have been sorta busy with my projects, but I have been around for a while. I have been doing this classic mustang thing for the last 5-6 years. Never had a problem with a vendor till now. This is a copy of a post from DFWstangs.net which is a great local (DFW, TX) board and Dallas Mustang happens to be local. Anyways, please read about the place. Many people on DFWstangs have had many problems lately and I would like everyone to beware. At the bottom is the link to a few threads on DFWstangs about the service and lack of respect from Dallas Mustang.

I would like to show how bad of a business Dallas Mustang and Randy the owner are.

My first expirience with Dallas Mustang was through PM's with CarlessChris. Great guy, talked to him about opening a business account with Dallas Mustang and everything was great. He told me just to come up there with an order list and some office paperwork needed to open the account and it would be NO problem. Boy was he wrong. After a couple weeks we (PooterWS6 and I) finally made it out there with close to $6000 or merchandies to purchase and a check with money in the bank ready to pay the fools. I walk in and talk to some guy (forgot who, Chris was busy but he assured his buddy would take care of me). Well, the manager or owner has to approve the business account. Cool, you go talk to him and I will wait here to open the account. The owner Randy, comes out and says "sorry... we cant help you". I was like why the hell not, after Chris assured us it would not be a problem, we drove 1hr out here to open an account and now this idiot wont let me? Oh no... I tried and tried to urge him to let us by asking nicely why he would not let us. After all his piss poor excuses Pooter and I turned away pissed off cause we wated out time and effort on Dallas Mustang. Well, when we started for the door I yelled "Guess you dont want my $6000 TODAY"... boy Randy sure did change his attitude about it all. Amazing how people can be a jerk but when you say money they change their crappy attitude.

Well, after a couple hours and some Sonic, Robert, I think, (great guy with long hair at dallas mustang), they pulled the huge list of $6000 in merchandise except for a few things. THey said they didnt have it but they had close to 85%. I was happy, they said the other parts should be in withing a week or so. Ok...I pay in FULL which came to a total of $5,127.91 (thats with a 20% discount) on February 15, 2005. We were short nearly $1000 in parts which the wheels were a large part of it. After about 1 month and 15 phone calls, we drive to Dallas Mustang to pick up whatever they had available. They had a few things but were still missing $737 worth of parts. We asked when the remainder would come in and they said "give it another week or so". So we did. Well, phone call after phone call, stuff isnt coming in. I called and said, hey, I just want my money back, I will go elsewhere and buy my parts. Well, they refused ensuring that the parts will be here "real soon". I called a month later (mid May) asking where the hell my parts are... Its been MONTHS and last time they refused to give me my money back. Well, that time I asked for another refund. Coincidence (sp?) they dont have someone who can authorize it at the shop. Figures... 3 months of nothing and I still cant get my money back. Keep in mind, that we have a time frame cause these parts are for a business.

Today I go in and try and buy a Lunar Autometer cluster for myself. I have a 2000 GT, why cant I. The tall guy with the deep voice (dunno his name) helped me and I asked for the part. Well, he looks for it and cant find it. Looks again in teh back, cant find it. Goes and gets a drink of water and back to the computer. Cant find it. When he comes back from the back, Randy comes wiht him. Cant find it?? OH no.... Randy had to cry like a girl cause blkbullitt and 1bad2k were with me. See the other thread "F*$K Dallas Mustang" and you can read that story. Well, I never badmouthed the company in that thread, I posted true things about them and Randy didnt like it. I went to buy this part on my business account. Well, Randy wouldnt let me. In fact, he was so pissed off at that thread he was shaking. He thought the DM sells dildo comment was so funny he offered to sell a business account a dildo. I didnt think it was that funny but he sure did. Anyways, he verbally abused us (cursed at us) and refused to sell me a part for a business. Its none of his business who I buy it for or who is with me. I bring cash you give me the product. After Randy stopped acting like a 2 year old and refused to sell my business a part, we were about to leave. But wait...what about my parts you still have? Well, its been 4.5 months where the HELL are my parts. Nothing, those idiots still didnt have my parts. Well, Randy was so pissed off he just refunded my money (FINALLY...been wanting MY money back for 2 months). 30 minutes goes by cause he has NO clue what I have recieved and what I havent. I get my check for $737 and we are finally on our way. He told me IF I edit my post in the other thread I can come back and TALK about buying from him again... Well Randy, here is my goodbye to your and your piss poor company and customer service. The BBB will be recieving a formal complaint against you due to your actions. In 1 day you lost $1000. I have spent $6000 in the last 6 months... We just got a new car we need another close to $6000 in parts but that business will be going elsewhere. When you said you cared about the customers but not me, you lost yourself $12k+ a YEAR. Be proud of ego. Im just a 21 year old kid...and my friends are just 21+ year old kids but at the end of the day, you stay in business cause of us.

Oh Randy..I know you will read this... you should be happy Im an honest guy...I could have truely taken double parts and you wouldnt have ever known. I was honest then and let your staff know I had already recieved the parts...Im honest now when I say you need to learn how to run a business.

Origional Thread
Another
Poll of DFWstangs members opinion
Off SVTPerformance

• Sponsors (?)

I have been burnt by a few also. The only ones I will order from for my 66 (in order):

• National Parts Depot
  • Texas Mustang
  • Virginia Mustang

Dallas Mustang turned me off when I ordered a chrome prop rod for my 93. After about 2 weeks I called them, the guy told me it was on backorder indefinitely. I should have either got a phone call or not been able to order it in the first place. Canceled the order, ordered from UPR products and got it in two days.

Businesses do not have to sell anything to you. If I knew you were badmouthing my company to other customers I would tell you to go somewhere else as well. How bad was the service that you went back to buy a gauge cluster even though they owed you $1000?

I've bought a few items from DM and never had a problem. Parts ordered from them usually arrive at my door in 2 days, and I really like that. I have heard horror stories about them though, but thus far I've been pretty lucky.

I have also ordered from Texas Mustang and been happy with them. They did get an order wrong once, but only once.

I've also ordered from NPD a couple times, I really like their interior paint (it sprays really smoothly). In fact they seem to have the highest quality parts, but there are things about them I don't like (they need to build an online storefront). The people at their customer service department were pretty rude to me once. I called to ask about an order after it was a couple weeks late. The check I sent was for the wrong amount. My catalog was like a year old and they had changed the price of one of the items I ordered, so my check was 2 dollars and some change too short. They sent my check through, credited an NPD under my name with the amount and put my order on hold. I understood what happened and apologized to the guy on the other end. He was real short with me, but maybe he was having a bad day. I deleted an item from my order so I wouldn't have to mail another check, and they refunded me the extra. I haven't ordered from them since then.

I've ordered a lot of stuff from mustangs plus, and we all have heard the horror stories out there about those guys. I must have been blessed because I only ever had one problem, they sent me the wrong item, and that was quickly resolved at no extra cost to me with a very quick and friendly phone call.

I think maybe it just comes down to having your fingers crossed when you order parts from someone. :D

That said the service xoxbxfx received from DM was pretty, well lets just say unprofessional.

68rustang said:
It can also be your attitude with the vendor.

I agree, it sounded like you sorta started out on the wrong foot with them anyway. Instead of a check, you probably should have used a business credit card, you can pay the card company with the check and not have any interest and have the extra protection from the credit card company on getting money back. (They have a lot more high paid laywers than you or whomever your dealing with does :D ) It doesn't sound like you initially showed your intentions on ordering parts either. Think about this, and it's stereotyping, and it shouldn't happen, but it does, how many times do you think 3 or 4 buddies around your age have gotten together to start a "business" modifying their cars just so they can get a discount? I can guarentee you it happens a LOT. And you can't blame the business for being gunshy, you'd need to blame your predecessors that have tried to pull the wool over a business owners eyes. As for the rest of it, I don't know why all that happened, but it doesn't sound like anything too out of the ordinary for the industry. All I know is, if I had the business and something was back ordered, I'm not sure I'd be selling it to you right then, but on the other hand, if I order it and you haven't paid for it, and then you don't want it, I'm stuck with it, so it's kind of a catch 22. All I'm saying is, you need to put yourself in Randy's shoes before you and your buddies go bashing him. Now, if I'm "Fort Worth Mustang" and I've been watching these boards and you come into my store wanting to open an account and you said you tried to deal with DM unsuccessfully, I may put 2 and 2 together and it not matter if you have $20k ready to spend, I may not want to deal with you either. I can just say we don't do business accounts, we're a hobbist store only and there's not a whole lot you could do about it, except bash me on the internet about details you know nothing about. I state my policy about no business accounts and you come out looking like a fool. I'm not trying to bash you or anything, but your not coming across very professional and this would reflect in my judgement if I were thinking about being a customer of yours as well as your being a customer of mine.

If they are as bad as you say, why did you continue begging them to sell to you.

That sounds like the telltale sign of a consumer posing as a business just to get a discount. Not saying it's true, but I see "businesses" misrepresenting themselves all the time.

Guys... here is my defense..

I totally agree where you guys are coming from. I have never once badmouthed Dallas Mustang, I have posted my expirience with them an have not swayed from the truth. I am 21 years old and have my own LEGAL business that is registered with the state of Texas. I have a business ID as well as tax exemtion ID. I have $30k invested into my business so far, call me a kid or what not but Im serious about what Im doing.

The reason I went back to Dallas Mustang is because opening a business account with them, there is a gaurentee of $6000/year in sales revenue you must gaurentee to Dallas Mustang. Though I have surpassed that already, I have done what they asked and opened a formal business account. I was informed of the requirements and exceeded them with my first initial purchase. I go back because I spent my hard earned money at a business and should be able to continue it. Besides the first day Dallas Mustang wasnt a real problem. I didnt use a business credit card because Randy stated due to the discount prices, he would have to charge me 3% ($150) to use a credit card due to the fees he must pay (my family pays 1.7% + $.12 service fee) but hey, he wants 3% and I can aviod it by payin with a check.

Dallas Mustang will not defend itself against any allegations from its customers. I went in as a business owner trying to buy a part. What someone on DFWstangs says about the company is their own thing. I tried to buy a part and Randy refused. I understand in the state of Texas you have the right to deny business transactions to someone at your own disgression, but to go off and call someone a "****ing kid" in front of many other customers and raise your voice, that is just insanity and bad business. I am not the only one having problems with Dallas Mustang. Please check these links and you will see many other stories of bad business ethics.

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/...6021#post306021
http://svtperformance.com/forums/sh...997#post2403997
http://forums.stangnet.com/showthre...044#post5224044

It seems like you were patient until you had to wait 2 months to be turned down for a refund. I wouldn't be happy with your post either, but it's not like he wasn't asking for it.
It surprises me that companies of this nature can be so bad at customer service. It's not a market where most of your customer base will simply remain loyal due to convenience. If you piss someone off, it's nothing for them to order parts from someone else 2 states away. And in this hobby, you KNOW the story of any bad experience is gonna end up on one of the numerous car forums that your other customers frequent.

I'll probably always deal with NPD. In my case it is convenience; I can go to a show, talk to their reps in person, place a large order(this is inconvenient over the phone), AND get a 10% show discount. Then my parts will be on my door step the next business day. But despite the convenience, if I ever have a horrible experience with them(So far it's been the exact opposite :nice: ), it would be nothing for me to wait 3 days for something from Mustangs Unlimited.

My buddy has a race car chassis shop (I've told you about him before) and when someone pays with a credit card, he adds whatever percentage he gets charged to the amount.

I'm not saying your not getting dinked around on, it is bad business on his part. I don't know what might have caused him to go off on you, might not have anything to do with you at all (just got done receiving call from his wife that she's leaving him and shacking up with the pool guy, I don't know :shrug: ) not that that is any excuse. I don't know of any place that hasn't had some problem. Sometimes you feel like your bending over backwards for your customers and you get one that wants you to bend over so much your balls are sitting on top of your head. I'm not saying that went on here, but some of the people that complain the most that you see were often in the wrong as much if not more than the vendor. You know how they say you shouldn't believe everything you read, that includes the internet as well and with todays technology editting photos and videos, pretty soon you won't be able to believe everything you see either, unless its live.

I don't know what to say other than good luck in getting everything straightened out and I hope your business works out.