Build Thread My Never Ending 89 Notch Thread

• Sponsors (?)

IMG_6454.JPG

Woohoo! You sure are up late Jeff, can't sleep?

I usually work 3p-11p

Last night after work I put my friends motor trans and transfer case back in his Mitsubishi Evo that I have been helping him with . So today I took the night off . Did the 05-07 front end conversion on my truck and got the mustang all finished up .

Reactions: 5 users
IMG_6486.JPG
Whats different Jeff the Bumper?...

It already had the Harley truck headlights when i got it and the 6.0 grille . Swapped the headlights out for the ones with the clear reflectors .

Swapped the grille out for chrome and the 6.0 bumper .

This is what it would have looked like stock

Ok i see it now i changed my Grille i like that bumper tho alot...My headlights are stock new but stock.

The header panel needs to be trimmed for the lights other wise they bolt in. The bumper wasnt too bad . You need the filler, bumper, main brackets, side support brackets, foglight brackets, And the filler gets painted body color. I got the whole bumper with everything together on ebay for 550 to my door.

Then i had the filler painted along with the mirror caps, Door handles (Mine were textured black, And oem fender flares which i need to still install.

Reactions: 1 users
So last night was about 55 degrees before the sun dipped in. We broke the cars out after having rain that washed all the salt away . I can't thank @Mustang5L5 enough for answering all my questions with these brakes. I don't know why I waited so long . This car stops better then I ever could have imagined.

The new Mickey Thompson et street s/s is a killer street tire too .

Attachments

• IMG_6504.JPG
    IMG_6504.JPG
    619.6 KB · Views: 154
Reactions: 10 users
So I'd be lying if I said I was totally in love with the 17inch pony wheels . There are days where I'm really happy with the decision and other days where I just think the car looks anemic . Not sure what to do or what I'd even put on the car if I were to change it.

End rant

Reactions: 2 users
I know my opinion will be unpopular, but I have been one if the few that does not like the Pony R's. The proportions do not look right to me. I prefer old school pony wheels. That being said, it's hard to ridicoul your car, you have done a great job with it style wise and performance wise.

Joe

Reactions: 3 users
So I'd be lying if I said I was totally in love with the 17inch pony wheels . There are days where I'm really happy with the decision and other days where I just think the car looks anemic . Not sure what to do or what I'd even put on the car if I were to change it.

End rant
You're right Jeff, they SUCK!

Now let me give you an address to send them to in Oklahoma.:D

Reactions: 4 users
I know my opinion will be unpopular, but I have been one if the few that does not like the Pony R's. The proportions do not look right to me. I prefer old school pony wheels. That being said, it's hard to ridicoul your car, you have done a great job with it style wise and performance wise.

Joe
I just think the original wheels in 16 are way to small esp by today's standards . A 17 inch wheel looks right at home on the car for a street wheel .

I'm just not sure . Maybe some more time on they'll grow on me . I've only had it out 2 times so far with them .

End rant
Just cuz it looks anemic doesn't mean it has to run that way. Hell, I was trying to keep mine 100% factory looking from the outside, but I lost that fight. I say you keep it subdued looking and beat up on the unsuspecting bullies.

Reactions: 1 user