Build Thread My Never Ending 89 Notch Thread

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks brother I'm glad you finally got to see it in person . Too bad it wasn't in action. Always a blast catching up and hanging out . Thank you for offering to bring me the starter as well . I truly appreciate that !!
any time man! its not doing me any good right now

Reactions: 1 user
@TOOLOW91 's REAL dyno readout:

wio7q8e.gif

Reactions: 5 users
So back when I had underdrive pulleys I did the 3G swap and the alt did not charge well at all . I had asked around and maybe even here . I swapped the fox pulley on . This was never an issue all these years even with the blowers because my crank pulley was still under driven .

Well when I swapped the asp pulley on I had them build it standard sized . I forgot about the alt pulley that I had swapped . Well it over spun I believe .The 200a fuse did its job to an extent . Said the alt was putting out like 36v or some crazy number on my meter . I lost my volt gauge on my way to work yesterday . Thank god the fuse did what it did cuz it saved all the electronics in the car .

Scary stuff .

Reactions: 1 users
well that could have been bad...
Almost back together . 150 breaker is done . New alt in . Car runs mint charges 14.2 -14.5

I am just swapping the oil pressure gauge line cause when that fuse came apart is blew a hole in the line when t hit and arced off of it

damn Jeff, tyou dodged a bullet there. glad it was just minor stuff. Your car looks fantastic and I saw your videos on FB. It's a beast!

Thanks bud . Hopefully this is the end of the hiccups . The car has really been trouble free all last season I'd like to repeat that this season

What a night . Tried to make some test passes and get data again . Track was complete garbage . Tried to roll out and get some wot data . Not even maybe . Track was so bad that it spun every gear .

Try to make another pass car isn't running right . No big deal find the vaccum line blew off the t from the BOV. I zip tie it so it can't slide off and we're golden . Car starts runs fine . Shut it off and close the hood the car just cranks . Start checking things - hit the MSD box and boom fires up . Make another pass do a small burn out get like almost no data . Pedaled it and just tried to roll back in it . No good it spun. I finally got something and it went 126mph still hazing the tire in 4th . I didn't have the 15s on it either because I still haven't gotten 5 Lug wheels yet .

So new msd is ordered. Old one is already boxed up to get sent out for a spare . This msd is 2.5 years in the car . I got it for free from a friend who had it laying in his tool box so I can't knock it.

I believe this was caused by the whole alt over charging issue . It was the first real major hot day too so that was it . Another set back but it is what it is .

On another note on the ride home two gsxr750 caught me in Mexico . And I couldnt help myself . 2 times they both tried me from a roll between like 40-60 and I walked them . Like there front tires were at my rear quarter panel . Even gave them the jump on the second run and still walked them . Talk about fun .

Reactions: 7 users
Took a look at some schematics today . Figured out i can make a jumper harness just like msd sells for the stock harness cars to bypass the msd . The car will run with just the Holley and stock coil .

Never worry about getting stuck again .

Reactions: 3 users
Cars got 8 fresh plugs in it. Msd harness is now GM weather pack connectors on both sides. Built a jumper harness and verified the car will now run with or without the msd !! Never have to worry about being stuck again. Not sure if I want to just send the new box back or keep both and have one as a spare.

Throw it away, I was wondering why you bothered with it. Your ecu now finally has control of the coil dwell and the stock coil fires like a madman.

That thing does full sequential ignition doesn't it? If so I would go to coils.

Sorry can't remember what you use for ignition

Throw it away, I was wondering why you bothered with it. Your ecu now finally has control of the coil dwell and the stock coil fires like a madman.

That thing does full sequential ignition doesn't it? If so I would go to coils.

Sorry can't remember what you use for ignition

Stock tfi dist , stock coil , just with an msd box on it

At 17psi I don't think that coil alone is goingto be enough to not have spark blow out issues . I may be wrong . We'll see . Yes it does full sequential , maybe down the road I will go to Ls coils