Build Thread My Never Ending 89 Notch Thread

• Sponsors (?)

I really think that all you're going to need to to keep the coil saturated and spark wide and fat.

Second Strike or a Boost-a-spark

Replacing the whole ignition system works too though. :D

Reactions: 1 users
Impressed with the stock coil and dist by itself . I do notice a difference in how it runs and even starts it hard starts and doesn't idle as well without the msd . But no spark blow out at all . Played with my buddies 600hp Supra today and a few others . Got the car aligned finally . Was nice to just drive it

Last edited:
New msd is in . The car starts a billion times easier and better with it . Also changed the coil after I did the first start with the new box .

My only issue . I had to mount it upside down atleast for now . To drill new holes would have made me have to pull the blower out to get the drill in vs dealing with the box upside down for now . The reason is the digital box has the plug out of the side closet to the rad support and that extra half inch wasn't an issue with the pig tail just coming from the analog box .

Attachments

• IMG_6955.JPG
    IMG_6955.JPG
    645.9 KB · Views: 127
Reactions: 1 user
On another note on the ride home two gsxr750 caught me in Mexico . And I couldnt help myself . 2 times they both tried me from a roll between like 40-60 and I walked them . Like there front tires were at my rear quarter panel . Even gave them the jump on the second run and still walked them . Talk about fun .
That is always the ultimate best end to the day. A crotch rocket pilot just cannot accept that a 3200 pound car just handed him his ass.

Reactions: 4 users
That is always the ultimate best end to the day. A crotch rocket pilot just cannot accept that a 3200 pound car just handed him his ass.
It was priceless , and well me? I got off the highway with this sense of accomplishment and adrenaline running through my veins like a little boy who just kissed his crush .

Drove the car most of the weekend everything was great.

I ordered a vortech 3.12 upper pulley in hopes that I can get a little more belt wrap . While killing some boost down stairs ( I'm sure not much as it's only a 4K rpm difference on my trap rpm at the track) it should also be able to make better boost well into the 6 k range netting the power being moved into a more useable place as the boost won't be dropping off due to belt slip.

Also giving the gates green stripe belt a try over the gator back as guys have raved about it in the past

Reactions: 2 users
Sure . Except I just ordered the renegade bracket setup to eliminate the flex in the bracket .

Looking into either a snow meth kit or a a/a intercooler setup as well .
Bwaahaahaahaa!:rlaugh:Oh Jeff, you were so close to being done!

Can't wait to see more progress buddy. You're beautiful little mustang pushes me on.

So as I suspected - looking at a data log last night - the car sees like 17.2 psi drops off to 15 and then right at 5500-5600 boom 11.2 .

How's that for belt slip .

Reactions: 1 user
That's a ton of slippage, are you running the 8rib setup?
Imho I would go water/meth and be done. I just put together a kit for around 150$ but you have to find a good deal on a pump.
For a setup of your caliber I would use a progressive kit.