Build Thread My Never Ending 89 Notch Thread

• Sponsors (?)

Watched a Fb video recently, of a blown red fox with tinted tail lights doing pretty impressive freeway pulls and 3rd gear tire roasts. Do you have a license plate that says 'Try It'?
lol
Brian coolmans car . Cool dude - he's local . Freezy tunes it . That video is a Mix of two cars . This kid Ian's as well . They all Have very similar combos

IMG_8755.JPG
Not my car . I always help my buddy out at the track with his car it's been 8.50s at 152 ish . Today it went 8.62 at 160 .

Well I made a joke telling him I'm dying to make a 8 sec pass already . He threw me his fire suit at the rental and I jumped in the car and made a hit !

I short shifted cuz I wasn't sure if he had the shift light set or not . I left semi soft was trying to get used to the car and incase it did anything out of the norm

357w, solid roller , vic jrs, 76mm turbo , power glide with a Anderson PMS

Reactions: 9 users
Told you already, but I think that’s cool as can be that he let you make a hit in it.

Time to lean on that red coupe of yours!
Thanks bro ! Yeah I'd like to get a Freddy brown aod in my car and get it to do what it should .

Me and him are cool I always help him out at the track. He insisted I drive it today he's like I trust you pop your 8 second cherry . A little more seat time I'm sure I could've gone faster

Reactions: 1 users
Bad news guys . Took the car to cruise to the rental last Friday to help my buddy who's car I ended up driving .

Left and needed fuel. Filled up and headed to work . Had what spunded like detonation . Drained 10.8 gallons of fuel at work and refilled with fresh 93 and had the same result . Dropped fresh plugs in it just incase because my plugs were shot and no dice

Added torco to this and no change . Light normal driving burned off the whole tank driving and pumped whatever left over out . Added 5 gallons of ms109 last night . Checked rockers . took the car for a ride . Noise is still there .

Pretty loud and I'm realizing it's metal sounding .

Pulled rockers and checked cups and push rods .

Next is to check flywheel bolts and pressure plate but I have to say I think it has a bad wrist pin .

Oil pressure is fine . If it does have a bad wrist pin I will fix it over winter . Re ring and bearing the motor and if money allows put the cyl heads on it it should have .

Time will tell .

Well hell Jeff. That sucks.

I guess with it being close to winter makes it a little more bearable for you, but it still sucks.

Yeah can't really be pissed . 3 summers 8k miles or so . 20 passes at the track . 4 diff dyno sessions . And MANY abusive nights on the street this motor is a trooper . It's never really lived an easy day on the street with me

Reactions: 2 users
Bad news guys . Took the car to cruise to the rental last Friday to help my buddy who's car I ended up driving .

Left and needed fuel. Filled up and headed to work . Had what spunded like detonation . Drained 10.8 gallons of fuel at work and refilled with fresh 93 and had the same result . Dropped fresh plugs in it just incase because my plugs were shot and no dice

Added torco to this and no change . Light normal driving burned off the whole tank driving and pumped whatever left over out . Added 5 gallons of ms109 last night . Checked rockers . took the car for a ride . Noise is still there .

Pretty loud and I'm realizing it's metal sounding .

Pulled rockers and checked cups and push rods .

Next is to check flywheel bolts and pressure plate but I have to say I think it has a bad wrist pin .

Oil pressure is fine . If it does have a bad wrist pin I will fix it over winter . Re ring and bearing the motor and if money allows put the cyl heads on it it should have .

Time will tell .
Wouldn't you hear any recip noise (like a wrist pin, or loose flywheel) at any rpm, w/o putting the engine in a load situation? Those things you're talking about could be heard in park, maybe only needing some throttle jabs.