Build Thread My Never Ending 89 Notch Thread

Got the new motion catch can mounted the other day on the driver frame rail . Remade the lines up .

Today after trimming the new fans as much as I could to get the clearance between them and the engine I got it mocked up . I need to radius the spot by the rad hose some more and drill to mount the lower brackets . Once it’s all done and bolts up I’ll make the new harness . Then pull it all apart and have the brackets and shroud powder coated black

404F693B-E329-4737-9B11-E211F22BE275.jpeg
16C93075-0532-4322-8DB1-A2D76CEBA5BE.jpeg
You’ll have to tell me what you think of the cooling system...My current fan almost works, but will allow the temp to creep while in drive in stopped, or stop-n-go traffic. Last time In Fla., I had to keep putting the thing in neutral to move the cooling water a little faster just to keep the temp in check.

• Sponsors (?)

You’ll have to tell me what you think of the cooling system...My current fan almost works, but will allow the temp to creep while in drive in stopped, or stop-n-go traffic. Last time In Fla., I had to keep putting the thing in neutral to move the cooling water a little faster just to keep the temp in check.
Will do pal , I just picked up the shroud and brackets from the Powdercoater yesterday . So next day or so I’ll get it all together

I had Mike Curcio who owns M.C.R.P do it . He works with my tuner and does amazing work . He did have to epoxy where the egr provision used to be . View attachment 676555
Nice, maybe ill try and find a shop around Austin to do that. If not I guess I’ll just run a 75, I’m also wondering if this intake I picked up will be ok. I guess something shot up in there and banged around, caused some pretty decent gashes in side. During grad school we talked about laminar vs turbulent flow etc, obviously different concept in regards to anesthesia but figured it would probably mix in the same concept with flow through the intake. What’s your opinion on this? Might not be a big deal I guess?!?!
1F8286B9-2B18-45A3-B6DD-4FD8990E509F.jpeg
88B89AED-F33A-4704-AA6F-B697E75758AA.jpeg

Nice, maybe ill try and find a shop around Austin to do that. If not I guess I’ll just run a 75, I’m also wondering if this intake I picked up will be ok. I guess something shot up in there and banged around, caused some pretty decent gashes in side. During grad school we talked about laminar vs turbulent flow etc, obviously different concept in regards to anesthesia but figured it would probably mix in the same concept with flow through the intake. What’s your opinion on this? Might not be a big deal I guess?!?!
1F8286B9-2B18-45A3-B6DD-4FD8990E509F.jpeg
88B89AED-F33A-4704-AA6F-B697E75758AA.jpeg
Yeah something must have past through . In terms of that runner being so big in comparison to the small gashes I’d tent to think it really shouldn’t make the air turbulent at all .
If you were interested in Mike doing your intake here’s his info , could always ship to him

Attachments

• 7825D9D9-46E9-4836-86D2-4EC260530E79.png
    7825D9D9-46E9-4836-86D2-4EC260530E79.png
    417.8 KB · Views: 52
  • Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 1 user
Yes I had to recess the top corner for my coolant hose . When installed it looks like it’s formed around it . Not the prettiest but
4CA5C95E-BFF5-4871-B48B-FF9BF98F17F6.jpeg

5EF8CFB5-21FB-4103-8525-04200985F1A7.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users
764960DB-1B63-4C2F-8B64-09C11FA7A25F.jpeg

3CA2DA04-EAC9-4F4C-8B1B-00A4E2EE6678.jpeg

Think they came out pretty good , seem to be strong and more balanced then the contours .

Attachments

• ADADF434-A381-44D0-BF43-A6C2E202E4D4.jpeg
    ADADF434-A381-44D0-BF43-A6C2E202E4D4.jpeg
    358.4 KB · Views: 68
Reactions: 6 users
Anyone looking for a small oil filter here is some options . I ran the pancake wix for a bit because I couldn’t find the 300. Finally got my hands on one and That will be my new filter of choice I think . A full size filter hits my power steering lines I made .
D203B35A-9BF8-4D16-9CDB-211E7E2D976E.jpeg
89F874B0-03D0-4BDA-B695-925376D85923.jpeg

One of the best builds on stangnet. How do you like the electric fans? Can I also ask which Derale fans you used? I have the Holley Terminator and I think can control electric fans with it.

As we muddy up his thread with chit chat, I’ll throw a vote in for @TOOLOW91 as well. For as much as he drives it, and still keeps it that clean and detailed, he’s got to have the edge on the Monster.

Reactions: 1 users
Hmmmm...How to make a comment here w/o coming off as a self serving prick:chin

Ive said it many times here..The cleanliness, and eye for detail on Jeff’s car is without equal. If a vote was taken between the two cars, and even given enough time for me to address the little things I let slip by, I still think he would win.
the difference here is because he has the patience that i don’t have...i.e.......He gets new sht, makes it fit, then sends it off to get polished or powder coated. Me, on the other hand, usually get new sht, make it fit, then paint it. then touch it before it’s dry, and leave a fingerprint. Or, I sand and repaint that, then because it was enamel, the feathered edges are now exposed, and i get a paint reaction, the paint wrinkles, and I say fck it, and install it anyway.

Heres where i get a bug in my ass at car shows..

For those that know what a Fairmont looks like, and still have to wonder what car this is, thinking it might be Australian or some brand other than a Ford, and not take into consideration what it took to make it this way..
For those that have no clue as to the thousand or so man hours in the bumpers/hood/ tail lights, and interior and think that it all somehow “ came that way” from the factory.
When you open the hood and it’s not: A SBF, A BBF, A mod motor, A Coyote, or even an LS,...but there it is,...Some Jap engine in a Domestic, backed by a manually shifted GM trans, with some really weird home made looking sht hanging under the rear end, running off of kit built ecu...( That a lot of onlookers just stream by,..as dim as a 15 watt bulb)

And even when most of all of that is not given one minute of thought,...This car for the most part driven on average 200 miles monthly now going on over 2000 miles in the last 12 months even with Covid raging..it somehow looks like it coulda came that way from the factory.
All the while still fairly clean, as evidenced by my last undercarriage pic.

OK..made my case now,...i’ll just stand over here for a minute.:runaway:

Last edited:
One of the best builds on stangnet. How do you like the electric fans? Can I also ask which Derale fans you used? I have the Holley Terminator and I think can control electric fans with it.
You can most certainly control them . Positive trigger only with the terminator . I use a leash dual 70amp relay for my fans and for fuel pump . Holley triggers it . The part number is 16833

Hmmmm...How to make a comment here w/o coming off as a self serving prick:chin

Ive said it many times here..The cleanliness, and eye for detail on Jeff’s car is without equal. If a vote was taken between the two cars, and even given enough time for me to address the little things I let slip by, I still think he would win.
the difference here is because he has the patience that i don’t have...i.e.......He gets new sht, makes it fit, then sends it off to get polished or powder coated. Me, on the other hand, usually get new sht, make it fit, then paint it. then touch it before it’s dry, and leave a fingerprint. Or, I sand and repaint that, then because it was enamel, the feathered edges are now exposed, and i get a paint reaction, the paint wrinkles, and I say fck it, and install it anyway.

Heres where i get a bug in my ass at car shows..

For those that know what a Fairmont looks like, and still have to wonder what car this is, thinking it might be Australian or some brand other than a Ford, and not take into consideration what it took to make it this way..
For those that have no clue as to the thousand or so man hours in the bumpers/hood/ tail lights, and interior and think that it all somehow “ came that way” from the factory.
When you open the hood and it’s not: A SBF, A BBF, A mod motor, A Coyote, or even an LS,...but there it is,...Some Jap engine in a Domestic, backed by a manually shifted GM trans, with some really weird home made looking sht hanging under the rear end, running off of kit built ecu...( That a lot of onlookers just stream by,..as dim as a 15 watt bulb)

And even when most of all of that is not given one minute of thought,...This car for the most part driven on average 200 miles monthly now going on over 2000 miles in the last 12 months even with Covid raging..it somehow looks like it coulda came that way from the factory.
All the while still fairly clean, as evidenced by my last undercarriage pic.

OK..made my case now,...i’ll just stand over here for a minute.:runaway:
Mike you know I am a huge fan of your car and the caliber of build is off the charts . I appreciate your compliments always . For instance I have a lot of :poo: I let slip by on mine as well . Example - the 30 year old brake lines in the engine Compt that look terrible but not enough for me to loose my mind changing it all. My black panels aren’t my favorite but it cleans it up enough to make it decent .
I want to weld tbem in and paint the bay smooth.

I think we compromise on what we think is perfection in balance with practicality because we like to drive and use our stuff. That’s part of the fun . It’s no fun to have it so perfect where you’re scared to use the thing .

I was just washing the pool deck thinking of your car, and the Monster...Could have a vote for the number one. The Monster isn't a Fox, but the quality of both is what we
As we muddy up his thread with chit chat, I’ll throw a vote in for @TOOLOW91 as well. For as much as he drives it, and still keeps it that clean and detailed, he’s got to have the edge on the Monster.
I appreciate it . Mike’s car is in a league of its own though. He is the true definition of hot rodder and built vs bolting a car together . That’s something I strive to be on the level of one day .