Build Thread My Never Ending 89 Notch Thread

Lol I had a filter similar size to that turbo wouldn't make more then 9 psi. Pulled it off 20 psi. Those things are so restrictive. Anyways, that's pretty good numbers and will be fun to drive for sure. Car looks good.

• Sponsors (?)

Lol I had a filter similar size to that turbo wouldn't make more then 9 psi. Pulled it off 20 psi. Those things are so restrictive. Anyways, that's pretty good numbers and will be fun to drive for sure. Car looks good.
yeah we made the 435 with it off lol .

I can't thank All out and @93TRANSAM enough I took this thing for a ride nice and cool and it is FAST I mean fun street car fast

Reactions: 1 user
It was nice to finally meet you Jeff! The car is an absolute beauty and really layed down some nice horse power! This is nothing more than your hard work paying off, well done!

Reactions: 2 users
Got ya. How did the plugs look? Sounds like it could be pushed quite a bit harder. Your saying 7.5 psi right? Did you guys creep up on it. Curious how much power was gained per degree of timing. Every engine I have run has been very timing happy. On pump now it makes 18 psi and has 18.5 degrees in it at that point plugs look great. When I had a 302 with iron heads it was almost 9:1 made 12 psi and had 27 degrees in it! Didn't start making power until it was over 22. So when you get used to the car maybe lean on it a bit harder.

so the serp belt stretched out again so that is the belt squeal after all the hard pulls the tensioner is laying on the water pump pulley so I am hoping an inch shorter should do the trick this time from what I measured last . I'm getting a little vibration through the Rpms seems engine dependent it does it In neutral . I am thinking that it's because the blows has all the load on the front of the crank pulley right now and there's not enough side load from the belt being to loose . if not I hope I don't have a bigger issue

The timing is very conservative its primarily a streetcar and middle of summer not to mention the motor has some blowby under pressure so I was extra cautious with plenty of room for growth on track. The 7.5pressure with filter on would probably be around 10 or more on a stock motor but the holley intake and trickflow heads are great flowing combo for stock shortblocks. Also must be noted I have a eddy brake dyno so numbers tend to be lower than dynojets.... Jeff check the balancer and mounts to make sure none if the vibrations are coming from a loose bolt etc..

Reactions: 1 user
The timing is very conservative its primarily a streetcar and middle of summer not to mention the motor has some blowby under pressure so I was extra cautious with plenty of room for growth on track. The 7.5pressure with filter on would probably be around 10 or more on a stock motor but the holley intake and trickflow heads are great flowing combo for stock shortblocks. Also must be noted I have a eddy brake dyno so numbers tend to be lower than dynojets.... Jeff check the balancer and mounts to make sure none if the vibrations are coming from a loose bolt etc..
@93TRANSAM did you feel it yesterday through the shifter when we drove it ? I will deffinitley check it this week when I go over everything.

Guess it's my turn to get a power adder and have kris and nick tune my car. Not to hijack Jeff's thread but kris, what would you recommend for a stand alone system for a 8.5:1 347 with a turbo? I was thinking the pms like Jeff or something like the megasquirt pnp @93TRANSAM