My new project!

• Sponsors (?)

Went out today and spent another 3 hours grinding,preping,and welded in what i think is the rest of the holes to be welded,also took off the master cylinder and cleaned and painted it. I will also remove and paint the booster as well,but that will be when i install the new clutch cabler and quadrant and firewall adjuster.I'm hoping to have it bondoed monday and primed and hopefully a coat of paint wednesday! Heres today progress
morepics036.jpg

morepics035.jpg

morepics034.jpg

This thing has gotta go also!
morepics041.jpg

morepics039.jpg

morepics038.jpg

morepics037.jpg

I cut out and will cover where the A/C was
morepics040.jpg

All this being done i na dam 1 car garage :mad:
morepics033.jpg

peace

john:p

thannks for all the compliments guys! oh and of course red for the engine bay! someone sprayed it black before me and thats not how it should be! Now maybe on a 70's eara car but not a 80's fox stang. peace

not much progress on the bay been to lazy :rlaugh: but did make this today at my work.It's the hyme links for the rear anti sway bar i made.
I turned this:
10160909461.jpg

Into these:
10160916101.jpg

I'll be putting in about 8-10 hours tomorrow on the bay and hopefully get a coat of primer on it! If not tomorrow i plan to prime monday and paint the following day,if things go as planned i'll have the motor and trans in by the end of next week.Then i need to finish the 1 positve cable running from the battery box and get a deck and alls good!peace

Well i'm not a machinest i'm a welder/fabricator but i can run the lath mill and all other tools,plus i can paint. I can do a number of things.I'm not in a rush but while i'm laid off for these few weeks i'm bored sitting in the house and when i set my mind to doing something i dont f around, Our winters here arent snowy just rainy,so i can still drive the car if the streets are dry.I'm tackling the bay and relocating the battery to the hatch first.Then i'll tackle the cowl and slight roof damange and paint the hood,then i'll be welding in my sub frame connecters i made,the adjustible anti roll bar for the rear,welding the TQ boxes up installing my tubular front member and arms coil overs and so forth.After that i'll move onto the rear end installing better axles c clip eliminaters tighter possi and 4.10's,also will be pieceing together my turbo kit as well.Has it been 3 weeks already :jaw:?Dam i'm behind schdule! Theres no real reason i traded the coupe,i just wanted something diffrent,i still have my 4 banger coupe so no biggie.I'm not out of drag racing this will still be a drag raced car,just not a 100%street/drag car. I want a nice drag/street/show car.I'm about to leave the GF's place and need to get some sand paper i'll post more pics from today's progress later and also the ones i have still from earlier this week that i havent posted yet.Like i said i'm hoping to prime today or monday and spray color on it this mid/end of the week! My boss said i should be back to work in 2 weeks so i need to focus and stop being lazy this next week.As of this point in progress it's turning out 100% better then the coupe did and i'm so excitted about it.Stay tuned...................................peace

Well i sanded from 11 to 4:45 today and did some other tinkering and heres where i'm at now sanding is alot of work!.....unless i'm just being to anal about this project?:
morepics052.jpg

morepics053.jpg

morepics070.jpg

morepics066.jpg

morepics077.jpg

morepics076.jpg

morepics075.jpg

morepics074.jpg

morepics073.jpg

morepics072.jpg

morepics071.jpg

morepics079.jpg

man what a **** ton of dust!
morepics078.jpg

and this is the final of my adjustble rear sway bar besides the plates that weld to the ends and to the frame i have them there just not pictured,i'm also gonna run a big FAT rear sway bar on the street just keep this one disconnected while street driving,then when i hit the 1320 i'll connect it and take off the FATTY:
morepics054.jpg

peace