My "NEW" Stang Complete! What do you think!?

• Sponsors (?)

It's clearly NOT a Shelby GT500. It's way too light. Add 500lbs of dead weight and you'll be close. Don't go adding a supercharger or you'll just embarass the real GT500s and it won't do to have a car that's faster than a GT500, it has to be juuuuust right.

Like some say, it's your car, do what you like. It's not what I'd do but so what. I keep saying this and on a Mustang forum, it's not the most popular philosophy but...it's just a mass-produced Mustang. Those without the imagination to modify their own and create a faster, unique car are the ones who buy the real Shelbys.

It wouldn't be so bad if the Shelby was the be all and end all, it's not and a C6 will walk over you and the Shelby so that won't wash as a reason not to have fun.

RisingForce said:
when i posted this , i was looking for opinions,, not just one,, and i got many different opinions,,, I do appreciate every single one of them.
I am surprised as how many people are not for the badges and stripes,, but that in my opinion is a GOOD thing, meaning not many people will do what I did,,,,

please reconsider and shave the badging .....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

DRIVE FORD!

It looks like the house comes before the baby or the car. Nice house by the way. The car looks ok, but I don't like the verts. The coupes look 10 times better IMO. I don't like the stock chrome bullits, try the other rims on.

You should have converted your black 05.

I hope you enjoy the car, I'm sure you will of course. I love the body kit changes, I think it looks fantastic and depending on what the next special edition model is after the bullit this is on my short list of body kit selections if I go that route.

I do fall into the shelby badging is a bit weak side of things. There is a guy in the local area that California Special'd his GT before the CS was released. He even goes to such lengths to "sell" the car as a rare '05 CS convertible at car shows and I just want to tear the 30 pounds of vinyl striping and what not from the car every time I see it.

Mustang Militia said:
A C6 will walk all over a Shelby? Surely you mean a Z06. A plain C6 will get embarrased by a Shelby.

Nope, the Shelby might have 500 horses, but it is a pig. The C6 has edged it out in just about every comparison I've seen. The Z06 would distroy it.

I really dig the Shelby but Ford shoulda done something about the weight and turned it into a real contender. Heck, with the markups, the C6 is cheaper. If you look, you can get a dealer to mark down a C6 to below the MSRP of a Shelby.

RisingForce said:
Need Your opinion on finished "project" ?:)

Where did you find the conversion kit? I have been looking for it.

DSC00149.jpg

DSC00145.jpg

DSC00146.jpg

DSC00147.jpg

DSC00150.jpg

Attachments

• DSC00149.jpg
    DSC00149.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 90
  • DSC00145.jpg
    DSC00145.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 105
  • DSC00146.jpg
    DSC00146.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 107
  • DSC00147.jpg
    DSC00147.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 105
  • DSC00150.jpg
    DSC00150.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 99
If any mustang of any kind pulls right next to me, all I am gonna do is give him/her a thumb up for having a Mustang, but I am not gonna race them. No point in giving the real GT500 a bad name.
Also I have had people workin at gas stations coming out to look at my car. "wow, is that the new Shelby",,,"Is that a Cobra",,,, and I tell them the truth. So I am not tryin to "pass is as a GT500",.,,
In my opinion if I wasnt gonna go with the badges and stripes, I shouldve just not done anything to the car at all,,, I wanted to have a Shelby replica, which I have now,,,
Once again I do appreciate everyone's different input.

Nice job on your replia conversion Rising!!!! I myself plan on using the Roush front bumper, quarter window louvers and rear spoiler to add to the look on my '06 GT...I won't be using any of the badging however. If the parts are available and you like the way they look...go for it man!!!!!!! To each their own.

Risingforce- I am actually kind of warming up to your conversion. The GT500 really is way overpriced at the dealers, and IMO you are either rich or a fool if you get one at that kind of mark up. I like the cobra emblems on it, but the GT ones wouldn't look bad either.

I have always subscribed to the stealth/sleeper philosophy, where the car has more "go" than maybe the "show" suggests. Other people invest in appearance mods as their priority. To each his own.

The bottom line is that it is your car. If somebody wants you to tear off the emblems and stripes etc. on your car, let them make your car payment too. I don't see you as a poser because you are honest about what you have, and are not streetracing around like an idiot. It looks really good to me.

I'm looking forward to hearing what performance mods you do with it. It would be cool to say, "No... it's a modified GT... but yes, it will still take you."

Mustang Militia said:
look here for some real world figures. Put ET Streets on the C6 and it won't go quicker than 8 seconds. The Shelby went 7.80's spinning.:jaw:
http://www.modularfords.com/forums/...les-runs-on-et-streets-vids-inside-62571.html

Dude you must be nutz! The new Zo6 will walk all over the GT500. Look at the numbers: Z06 - 11.5-12.2 in the 1/4 STOCK that I have seen run

Best time I have seen a GT500 run is 12.7 - 12.9 STOCK! They are HEAVY ASS PIGS!!

I am a MUSTANG OWNER FOR LIFE and always have been but do not under-estimate the power of the C6's they are simply POWERFULL!!!!

BY THE WAY I LOVE THE CONVERSION!! GREAT JOB!!!