my one project this winter..

Well i finally got around to sticking a new clutch in my 03. Went with a pro-motion mcleod dual friction clucth, fidanza alum flywheel, and a 26 spline input shaft to match the new clutch(to replace the stock weak 10 spline input shaft). The clutch is good for 500+ hp applications. Im so close to that, that walt at pro motion recomened this unit. I adjusted it correcty tonite and damn this clutch is a dream! The pedal feel is soooo light and easy. Just gotta break it in now to see how it grabs at the track. Paul, thanks for recomending me to pro motion.

I spent sat and sunday putting everything in. I must say that a t56 is a HEAVY tranny to put in by YOURSELF, on your back with with just a floor jack. I got the F'er in there tho, after alot of fighting with it.

Dunno if anyone has ever swapped an input shaft before, but it was very simple. Heres a bunch of pics of everything for those who are interested in some terminator tech :D

After spending 10+ hours on my back lying on the garage floor, i remembered why i bought this car, to not have to work on it!! Thankfully the car is done for a long while, besides gears( i wont do obv) and rims for the track.

7424.jpg

7425.jpg

7426.jpg

7427.jpg

7428.jpg

7429.jpg

7430.jpg

7431.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

VibrantRedGT said:
You put the best stuff on. The T-5 is easy to handle. The 56 does look bulky. No help?

My friend (who i took to a bruins game FOR FREEEEEEE, and yes we had NASTY seats) said he would come by to help me. Did he show? NOPE. Friggen a$$$hole he is. SO i toughed it out and got it done by myself like always.

I figured i would do it right the first time around, everything is beefed up now with this car. Time for the 4.10's(in closet) and slicks and see what she can do.

Good to hear you got it all in and you like it. I can't wait to see what a strong clutch and 4.10's do for your times!!! I'm impressed you tackled the input shaft and T56 R&R yourself, that isn't an easy task.

Don't 03 cobra's come with aluminum flywheels from the factory? Why did you by the fidanza then? Unless its lighter.

Is that the promotion blueprinted king cobra pressure plate? My promotion motorsport HD pressure plate is orange. The HD one is rated at more hp and higher rpm's :nice:

You definatly did a good job doing it alone.

I gotta start ordering parts to complete my combo. My car is begging for a set of 4.30 gears and 31 spline rear stuff :D

Grn92LX said:
Don't 03 cobra's come with aluminum flywheels from the factory? Why did you by the fidanza then? Unless its lighter.

Is that the promotion blueprinted king cobra pressure plate? My promotion motorsport HD pressure plate is orange. The HD one is rated at more hp and higher rpm's :nice:

You definatly did a good job doing it alone.

I gotta start ordering parts to complete my combo. My car is begging for a set of 4.30 gears and 31 spline rear stuff :D

I Believe the stocker flywheel is infact alum. But the thing was pretty burnt up, and most guys havent had good luck with resurfacing them. The fidanza is nice since the part that engages with the clutch is replacable.

Walt at pro motion said the PP is custom in some way. Its red.. It did come in a mcleod box tho.

And yes get on the ball ordering some parts! I wanna see some nasty slips in the spring from your car.

Paul - other then lifting the tranny in, the rest was easy. CHanging the input shaft was VERY SIMPLE. When taking the front cover off, the input shaft sometimes comes off with the cover. You then just place the new shaft in, aligning the gears and then check for end play. 99% of the time the shims that are in there stock work the liberty input shaft (what i used) since they manufacture the shafts that tremec uses in there other t56's(when theres a 26spline shaft stock, say a ls1). Basically its of OEM quality.

Adam - goals, not sure. Maybe 11.3's and lower, just getting kicked out of the track will be fun. 4.30's will be a little too steep. WIth the 4.10's i can use a 27 inch tire and pass through the traps at a perfect rpm. Plus the 4.10's will be alot better for street duty when i have a 25.8 inch tire.

yellow1995Cobra said:
I Believe the stocker flywheel is infact alum. But the thing was pretty burnt up, and most guys havent had good luck with resurfacing them. The fidanza is nice since the part that engages with the clutch is replacable.

Walt at pro motion said the PP is custom in some way. Its red.. It did come in a mcleod box tho.

And yes get on the ball ordering some parts! I wanna see some nasty slips in the spring from your car.

I'll do my best for you :D Hopefully my car will run close to what it should and no more bolt on 302 times :lol: I just need real gears, better tires and 31 spline stuff.