Electrical My passenger blinker doesnt work..

Foxslider

im not that much of a idiot
Oct 25, 2019
Houston, TX
So drivers side blinker blinks. Hazards only 1 side blinks, driverside..

I had a bad bulb, replaced it, thought for sure that would be it. But no luck.

Passenger side bulb in dash will go green, but not blink.

Checked bulbs in rear, all look good.
Checked ign switch, plugged in good.
My grounds for the lights are good.

Where is the turn signal flasher located?
Abd the multifunction switch?

Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

If one side blinks and the other don't it likely is not the flasher, the turn signal flasher is/should be on a brace behind the fuse box, kinda hard to see.
Most times it's the socket if only one light is non functional and bulb is good, use a test light to probe the connection in the socket.
Is it on the side that took the hit when you kissed the guardrail?

Right on. No, its on passenger side. All the lights work. Like when i turn it to parling light setting, all 4 (inners/outers) are on.

I soent some time looking for flasher relay. I might if foubd it. Basically hp on top on the steering column. Its blue cylinder i think i recall seeing was the factory unit.

Oh, well, actually i guess its not hte problem since the hazards dont work on that side either. Going to replace it anyways i guess. It does blink super slow, maybe it will help that.

Was the relay. Both sides blink. And it blinks 5x faster like a normal car. Lol. Part # EL12 novita is what i used.

I guess after 32 years these old parts are just at that time to start breaking. Thats a pretty good run for the relay though. Bet after 100k blinks, it just blinked its heart out. Haha.

Im just glad it works so i can get it inspected. Ima have to tell em dont kill it tho lol,( the hot start issue) i kinda know em, hopecully they will worl with me.

Right, well i guess it has those 2 prongs, one must be left and 1 right. So maybe ine broke. And the ither wasnt far behind based on how slow it blinked.

More so, the seperate hazard relay that i think is the canister on the backside of the fuse box. Must go have some kind of connection to the flasher thing somehow.

Im out of beer. :poo: and money. and if i go buy some, ill have to hear it from the parents. why do you drink everyday. B/c i work on and drive a foxbody.

I had 14 cash left. And thats how much the relay was. I got some money, just didnt transfer to bank on friday being dumb.