My rim freakin peeled!!!

DennisT

Oct 12, 2004
I'm planning on sending a email and calling Mustang Tuning first thing Monday morning but my barely 2 month old chrome bullitt drivers side wheel peeled inside of the wheel well. I was washing the car this morning and wiping the inner wheel well with a sponge and noticed some shiny particles on the sponge, I took a little closer look and I'm like what the hell is this. Then I check out the rim and I've got like a 2"x2" area that has peeled away. This is just NOT RIGHT AT ALL! For people that know me I treat my car like a diamond, taking care of it is a understatement. The guys in my Mustang car club are always kiddin me cause I've got the cleanest car they've ever seen. Bottom line I must have gotten a defective or blemished rim that has reared it's ugly head.....and I do mean ugly. It just makes no sense at all because nothing comes in contact with this area. Of all things I have a car show coming up and Mustang Tuning has just got to make this one right ASAP!

• Sponsors (?)

that sucks, thats why i won't do chrome wheels again. Mine pitted after about a year and i polished and washed them regularly. Just be cool when you call them. I'm sure they will make it right since they are only 2 months old.

They are really nice over there...once you get a hold of someone. It will probably take about 183 phone calls until you get something other than the answering machine. Dont bother leaving a message, they dont call back, or didnt in my case at least. However, despite all that, once you talk to a real person, they will take care of you.

Yea....I know their covered under wheel replicas so I'll call MT first thing in the morning. My concern is that hopefully they will just ship me out a new rim and then I can send back the defective one. This is my daily driver so I hope they'll work with me. This is just one of those very frustrating things. You spend your hard earned cash on something and it's tough with something like this. Thanks for everyone's feedback - I appreciate it.