My RNH 347 is finally running

just4bob50

Apr 2, 2005
Pa.
Well, I cant believe it, but my motor is up and running. Its been an incredibly long road. Any how its idleing at around 1000-1100 on my digital timing light, because the SCT chip still has a tune from my old SC 302. There seems to be alot of noise from the rockers, so we went through them 2x, and it sounded the same. Then we took the valve covers off, because I was certain that I didnt set somthing correctly, and the rockers were quite a bit more quiet. We put the covers back on ( no contact anywhere ) and the noise was the same but louder again. After talking with Rick at RNH he said those valve covers tend to amplify any noise inside them.

Any how the cam sounds great, I give the throttle a little tap and its to 3500 in no time. The sound on my camera isnt the best, but you get the idea. I drove it around for a few blocks not above 3000rpms yet, but the little I drove it it seems almost as smooth as my stock GT.

So far Im really happy, considering it started up on the first try. Let me know what you guys think.

These are the cam specs: INT. EXH.

Lobe lift .362 .362
Gross lift w/ 1.72 RR .623 .623
Duration @ .050 236 244
Lobe seperation 110
Intake centerline 107

Any one with input or experience with valvetrain noise associated with this set up please let me know.

103_5587.flv - Video - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

• Sponsors (?)