Progress Thread Finally got a new truck

• Sponsors (?)

No, I’ll stick with what I have, I like em. Did you just add vinyl pinstripes on the outside of your lenses?

Yup that's all I did. It's held up well since....2003 or so?

IMG_8793.JPG

• Winner
Reactions: 1 users
Needless to say Blake, I love the tailights.:nice:

I like em too Dave thanks.

The next thing I need to do is get one of the body men to pull and straighten my rad support. It’s off about a 1/8 of an inch. I know the car was in a minor accident at some point. The only non original part of my car is the front bumper cover. That’ll get done soon and I’ll pull off that, the fenders and good and get those painted at work as well. The panels are delaminating. The car has all original paint. Doors, quarters and roof polished out nice. Then I’ll just touch up some if the minor chips and scratches. No biggie. Whoever replaced the front bumper cover didn’t prep it worth a :poo: and that’s peeling pretty good. Some before and after pics.

0F32A94F-F70C-43CB-A700-2B0D8C711DB2.jpeg
787013D1-1296-4CDD-BF19-B707CD9C20D0.jpeg
42BFE625-5BD0-4FE4-9D59-504E80D95C90.jpeg
A1D9B840-2F04-4CE5-B7EA-FF92F21C9275.jpeg
8C0789A1-5223-43D7-BAE2-7CC8E9ADB7CC.png

Reactions: 1 users
E5EF309A-D8B7-404C-AD80-D2A1AE62E829.jpeg
86DCF2E7-8653-4453-BA51-2C29517CC849.jpeg
The car also had pretty wore out headlamps, blue GT tails in it. Swapped those out just to make it look presentable. It is by far the strongest running fox I’ve had, and I’ve had 4 of em. It really is a good car, I lucked out. Notice the front bumper cover. Can wait to clean that up.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
It's come a long way, and looks much better. What rack are you going to put in there, a stock replacement or SN-95? My rack is toast and the bushings are pretty damn squishy, drives like a land yacht on ice. I replaced the steering shaft with the MM unit but it didn't help much.

It's come a long way, and looks much better. What rack are you going to put in there, a stock replacement or SN-95? My rack is toast and the bushings are pretty damn squishy, drives like a land yacht on ice. I replaced the steering shaft with the MM unit but it didn't help much.

I have an ac delco reman, but I think the way to go is a SN95 rack. Not sure yet, I’ll pribably go with the one I have. It’s a like new rack but there is a set screw that someone broke off yhat needs to be drilled out.

Last edited:
Yah, I'm having that internal, save money or pony up for the better performing parts, debate right now. There is a new remanned rack for sale locally, and I am thinking about picking it up. I know it would improve the overall feel if I swap the bushings and the rack, but I don't want to be disappointed. On the other hand, I would feel silly purchasing another new steering shaft for the sn95 rack since I just replaced it last summer.

Yah, I'm having that internal, save money or pony up for the better performing parts, debate right now. There is a new remanned rack for sale locally, and I am thinking about picking it up. I know it would improve the overall feel if I swap the bushings and the rack, but I don't want to be disappointed. On the other hand, I would feel silly purchasing another new steering shaft for the sn95 rack since I just replaced it last summer.

That’s where I’m at with the funds.

Anything would be an upgrade over what I have currently. This car is just a weekend car. Don’t I really need adjustable control arms

It will definitely be an improvement over what you have now. I would look into the sport series LCA from MM along with their FRPP style UCA, and their rubber bushings for the differential. The FRPP UCA have rubber bushings on the chasis end too which is what you want for a street car.

• Agree
It will definitely be an improvement over what you have now. I would look into the sport series LCA from MM along with their FRPP style UCA, and their rubber bushings for the differential. The FRPP UCA have rubber bushings on the chasis end too which is what you want for a street car.

I will definitely look it those. That's one of the next items on my list to address. I was looking over the car yesterday. Coolant hoses are looking pretty worn and old. The little one over my water pump is leaking. LMR wants $100 for all the hoses. Seems expensive to me, but then again I'm definitely on a budget. I also need rear tires. :poo: is starting to add up. I'm looking at about $1500 at least for rear tires, control arms, struts, shocks, hoses. DAMN!

Last edited:
I feel you, I still haven't bought rubber for the 17 inches ponies I bought two summers ago. I have a ton of stuff to address and a lot of it will be redundant if i do it a little at a time because I will be taking the same things apart over and over. Gonna have to save up and try to do everything in one shot.

You guys might be wondering, "Why the hell would he spend money on taillamps when he has all that other stuff to do??"

My son bought them for me for XMAS. Just wanted to clear that up. I would be asking that question.