My stang felt like a turd!

02GTRX

I told an admin to shut up...now I live with the S
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Sep 27, 2004
I dont know what was wrong with it today (pms I think) I was driving around town and it just felt slow! I'd floor it in first gear and it would steadily accelerate no wheelspin no throwin you back in the seat NOTHING! What the hell stupid car got me all frustrated!

EDIT: any one order from here before? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-0...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories. Its a toss up between that and the JLT tuner combo from AM right now..

• Sponsors (?)

I would spend the extra bit of money and get a Bama or Brenspeed CAI/tune package, the tune is simply going to be better. I don't have much faith in fly-by-night ebay vendors.
Dan

It looks like a good deal, if you trust the UPR CAI. I don't know much about it. Based on the price of the SCT3, you are paying only $100 for the CAI. If it flows well, then it's a good deal.

I suggest you do some research on that particular CAI before committing. I would just buy the two pieces separate, and used. As long as the tuner isn't married to a vehicle, it's just like any other tuner and you still need to get tunes for your application. A CAI is made of non-moving parts, and as long as there are no holes in it and the filter is intact, I think buying new is a waste of $. I got my Steeda CAI and Diablo tuner for $300 shipped for both, and I couldn't be happier.

i'd say a tuner should definitely wake the car up. with the tuner i just loaded i kick the ass end sideways just stompin on it in third in this weather. i never really beat on my car before i got the tuner, now that i loaded it i can't stop. hahah.

Stuck E-brake? I dont think so...it wasnt that slow...or maybe it was:scratch:. I saw the jlt and sct from brenspeed is like $40 more than the one at american muscle, is the tune that much better? Oh and Ive decided not to go with the one from ebay due to all the negative feedback. Thanks

Stuck E-brake? I dont think so...it wasnt that slow...or maybe it was:scratch:. I saw the jlt and sct from brenspeed is like $40 more than the one at american muscle, is the tune that much better? Oh and Ive decided not to go with the one from ebay due to all the negative feedback. Thanks

It is. Anything pretty much from a parts store will most likely be a canned tune of some sort good and safe but not optimal. If you go with Bamachips or Brenspeed you can expect better response and features just because they do their own tuning.

clean your MAF sensor. i've heard bad things about the oil from K&Ns coming off the filter and onto the MAF giving it a false reading. one of my coworkers had her brother put a k&n in and a few days later the thing wasa complete turd. brought it to the dealership since it was under warrenty and they found the filter to be the problem and cleaned the MAF, all better.