Build Thread Enola- Finishing touches

Got alot accomplished today, replaced all the broken chit and got the windows back in.

Now I put everything back together with the bolts in the same position.... the passenger turned out great, driver side is way out of adjustment.

I need to take some measurements on the top frame and weatherstripping..... it's almost as if the drivers windows cant possibly roll up far enough to make a good seal.

• Sponsors (?)

Got alot accomplished today, replaced all the broken chit and got the windows back in.

Now I put everything back together with the bolts in the same position.... the passenger turned out great, driver side is way out of adjustment.

I need to take some measurements on the top frame and weatherstripping..... it's almost as if the drivers windows cant possibly roll up far enough to make a good seal.
Does that mean that you might have glued the glass in somehow differently?:shrug:

Does that mean that you might have glued the glass in somehow differently?:shrug:
Yup. It was basically floating around in the retainer before sitting on top of loose glue... so now that it's correct (following the glass shops advice) it's way off...

It's OK though at least the windows are not floppy anymore.

I'll get it figured out but I may have to call @90sickfox to get some pointers

That sucks...I've seen plating and rivets hold pretty good. The top frame is pot metal crap. They crack in that same area all the time....or the pot metal handles break. Replacement frame parts aren't hard to find. Its not too difficult to take apart.

Guess with the rivet and plate method holding up as good as it usually does there's no real reason to go through all that work.

Bathroom is getting an early remodel!!!

Had a pipe burst in the wall....

To sunday!
20170320_204049.jpg
sideways sunday.....

Soo.... I have been crazy busy at work along with helping a few members get there tunes dialed in..... not much time for franky..... until today.:D

So I gutted the old stereo Cuz it was way over the top.. and built a box that will take up very little space and I will only run a single sub... I also scoured JY and found the stock interior pieces I needed.. then painted them black :cool:
The lmr paint kit worked great and matches the factory color pretty well.

All I have are pictures of the stuff out of the car, because I'm still working on it.... go figure.

Attachments

• 20170417_140121.jpg
    20170417_140121.jpg
    861.7 KB · Views: 104
  • 20170417_161737.jpg
    20170417_161737.jpg
    961.6 KB · Views: 106
  • 1492463891834-2002958746.jpg
    1492463891834-2002958746.jpg
    759.1 KB · Views: 97
Reactions: 3 users
How about a little preview of the box in the car. Here it is I still need to make the rear piece, I am pleased with it so far.
20170417_194442.jpg
the sub will fire down into the airspace under the box, I rolled out a sheet of dyno mat where this will occur. The box is ported on the passenger side but that is hidden as well.

When I'm done with all this I will move on to the trunk area.

Reactions: 1 users
As the owner of three Fox Verts over the years,. I'd like to kick the guy who designed the 1/4 windows in the nuts. The entire design anf function is a cluster, from the plastic parts that break, to the rubber/epoxy that holds the window in place that rots, to the ,window motors that chew up the plastic nubs. I had to replace the plastic bushing guides and retainers on the bottom last year and it took me a weekend to pull the entire back interior panels out. get to the parts, fix the rotted out rubber that holds the windows in place and re install. What took the most time was getting the damn windows to align with the front windows and the top...

Don't laugh- I used an epoxy to secure the window to the metal window frame and then filled in the reamainingvoid with the liquid rubber stuff on TV so it was completely attached but also some flex... no one see is it and it holds together very well.

Just have many beers on hand

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah I recently redid my windows, it was a nightmare. I'm still working on getting the alignment just right, if I want to roll the front windows up I have to lower the quarter windows slightly or risk them binding up.

Also the doors are hard to close with the windows up I have to slam them... not sure if this is common or not.

I just ordered a bunch more stuff.. interior dew wipes, more interior paint, screw kit (mine are rusted or missing), new pedal kit and other misc stuff.

I adjusted my door glass first, there is a tilt in/out adjustment so the door closes firm, then the back window was adjusted to fit the door glass.
Took all day to make it work right on one side, the other side took almost as long. I hated that car for a couple days but the first ride up the coast with the top down was bliss, I felt like a rock star. Sort of, kinda, well, not really but it was nice.
Wish I'd never sold it!:doh:

So today I decided after work I was going to get something done, with that in mind I walked out to the mad scientist laboratories. Once there I grabbed some mdf and a slew of power tools and got to it. The end result was a rectangular piece of wood, which I then sprayed with glue and stretched felt over. :neat:

I also did this to the speaker grill mesh covers to replace the foam that disintegrated...... yet more :neat:

I need to decide what to do with the carpet that fits under the speakers on the inner rear quarter panels, it's currently grey I want it black. Sooo I could dye it or replace it with felt.
Opinions?
20170418_183124.jpg
20170418_182930.jpg
20170418_185916.jpg

Reactions: 2 users