my top wont come back up... 92 lx 5.0 vert

james985

Jul 8, 2007
anyone ever try to get their top back up manuallly? my top motor doesnt work anymore and i cant even get the top back up by hand....

any help would be greatly appreciated cause it is suppossed to rain tomorrow..

• Sponsors (?)

mine did that this spring when i took the car out of storage. the switch was dead. it would go down, but not up. i was lucky to find one in the junkyard. yours should be easier to find than one for an 83-86. it could be the pump too. or it could be a fuse ( you DID check those, right?)

its gonna take a guy on each side to slowly lift the roof and overcome the hydraulic cylinder. youre not gonna do it alone

i had to get mine up on my vert by myself before. just stand in the back seat and pull like hell.it takes a minute but you can do it. and i ofund out my pump had leaked out all of the fluid. i put some brake fluid in it and it worked fine. not sure if that is what is supposed to go in there but it worked.

DO NOT put it up manually!!!!! I did this to one of our conv out in our salvage yard, and I cracked one of the arms on the frame!!! Try adding fluid, check fuses, or the switch itself........