my turn mongoose vtech install

• Sponsors (?)

:D okay! VORTECH:D
My first piece of advice would be to MAKE SURE you clean the engine...damn there is a lot of dirt in the fuel injector and spark plug holes!
2 hours in, i've got the old tb&plenum off, the new one assembled, 4 injectors and 4 spark plugs replaced.....
so far so good

finished installing the injectors, and spark plugs, mounted up the new dragon 75mm tb & intake plenum and calling it a night. Cant see under the car to do the oil fittings and fuel pump replacement. will pick up at daybreak

Sounds like you are underway!

And yea, there was crazy dust around my injectors and plugs. lol.

Everything would have went fine if the tune would have not been corrupt...however, I can now say that I'm the 3rd person EVER to get a corrupt tune from Tim in 4 years. I'm kinda famous...in my own pathetic way!

hey man, why you gotta rain on my S trim:( Its a used head unit...I bought it from MPH and saved $1,000.oo over a new kit....i'm not being picky...I figure I can upgrade the head unit later, or just switch to a KB 2.6 next year :D
Just tapped the oil pan, and getting ready to plumb it.
Things left to do:
install the oil lines
mount the bracket and SC
plumb it all together
Fuel Pump (saving till last)

nwapache said:
hey man, why you gotta rain on my S trim:( Its a used head unit...I bought it from MPH and saved $1,000.oo over a new kit....i'm not being picky...I figure I can upgrade the head unit later, or just switch to a KB 2.6 next year :D
Just tapped the oil pan, and getting ready to plumb it.
Things left to do:
install the oil lines
mount the bracket and SC
plumb it all together
Fuel Pump (saving till last)

Hehehe, just cause :p Sorta funny though, you're installing everything in the order I did. Fuel pump seemed scary ;) Hope you have a buddy to help with getting the belt on - I've found the easiest way is to push on the factory tensioner from underneath with a dowel or stick of some sort, then have a buddy pull the belt over the alternator pulley (not the power steering pulley like it says in the instructions, i can never get it that way).

nwapache said:
why push on it from underneath instead of using a breaker bar from up top?
Fuel pump just seems like a PITA and I'm not sure about that cutting 3 slits thing, so I thought i'd save it!

Umm, vortech bracket covers up the spot in the tensioner for breaker bar/wratchet. You can use a tensioner hook tool and pull the belt over, but thats more time and money.

good luck getting a breaker bar on that idler after the mounting bracket is on. It cxan be done, but damn it's a pain in the rear.

anyway.. dont swaet it.. I love the S-trim whine also.... and when ya pull up to a light your gonna get some crazy looks :D

I just put a Vtech in my Mustang, now when I hit 5k rpm my Stang takes off like a raped ape (cause there is no HP or tourqe before that point), and even better I can rev it to liek 8k now and stuff. Talk about a big power band..:D