my turn mongoose vtech install

okay, so maybe i'm an idiot, or maybe the vortech instructions need more and better pictures, but mounting this sucker up is really starting to piss me off!
I followed the instructions, and totally didn't even notice the other stud, and there is a bolt at the bottom you cant even see, not to mention the stupid ac silencer canister is about to take a round of buckshot! I only have 3 more beers left so i'd better pick up the pace!
RAPTAPE----there's my new license plate. When DOL asks i'll tell them im a rapper!

• Sponsors (?)

okay this officially sucks ass! focus fuel pump? huh, how does that sucker go in, 4" boost pipe...waddya mean the whole thing fits in the fenderwell?!!! 75mm tb=3" rubber tube, yeah right! and i'm outta beer

nwapache said:
okay this officially sucks ass! focus fuel pump? huh, how does that sucker go in, 4" boost pipe...waddya mean the whole thing fits in the fenderwell?!!! 75mm tb=3" rubber tube, yeah right! and i'm outta beer

:lol: , Seems like your having a good ol time. Be sure to put a vid up when your done. :nice:

nwapache said:

AHAHAHA! You are having the same stumps that I had! Glad I could talk you through most of it! :nice:

At least when you fire yours up she'll idle nicely...and not spit out some fuel and sound like a POS. :nonono: :bang:

My baby should be up and running tomo! Gotta change my oil, oil filter and put in the new spark plugs and then re-flash with the tune and we are all set! :nice:

nwapache said:

Heh I sent you a PM about tips on the boost pipe :nice: Fuel pump was really easy IMO...just the whole dropping the tank thing was a bitch. Hell, just trying to change my fuel filter with the IRS in now THAT is a bitch haha.

As far as discharge tube - put the coupler on the throttle body, then the coupler on the blower, now get the pipe in the blower side first, then throttle body side next. Hook up the breathers to the boost pipe (lube them with some motor oil to make it easier) once the discharge is in - makes it alot easier lining everything up. I've probably taken it all apart 5-6 times now and have learned new tricks to make it easier each time hah.

modularpowerhouse.com
best kits on the market...you can price all of them out
Tim and Rhonda rock!
Thanks for the PM Benny....I think I was just getting brain fried and was ready to throw in the towel. AmBo explained how it fit, and I get a 4th wind and more beer!
The boost pipe kind of needs a picture so you know how its gonna fit in the fenderwell.
All I have left is to tighten up the clamps, recheck everything load the tune and fire it up....
oops belay that, I still have to yank the two wires out of the maf thingy and glue them into IAT sensor & drill hole for that too.,.,its almost 11pm here.

lol, no...but I didnt really massage mine, by the time I was ready to move them I was so frustrated I manhandled them outta the way!
So....all I have left is to plumb the iat sensor and plug in the MAF and i'm ready to go...stupid battery on my drill died, so I have to wait for a recharge....i'm drilling a hole in my discharge tube, fitting a grommet and installing the IAT in front of the TB

damacman said:
Am I the only one that had a bear of a time massaging the A/C lines outta' the way of the bracket and blower?

The ones near the radiator where the fill thingy is? Those were easy for me. Getting the damn silencer to line up with the adel clamp holding the drain tube to the blower bracket....now THAT was a bitch the first time! After getting that line bent, seems as if it just slides right on and stays no problem now :nice:

SCT tunes can overwrite previously flashed stuff. Just means the stock tune it downloads to the handheld is the altered superchips/diablo/whatever you had in your car.

I have a feeling if you were awake that late last night working on the car...you're not up yet ;)

sadly, I am up...have traffic court in a little bit. I didn't want to overwrite the previous tune because then no one else could have used the superchips module that I am now going to sell.
MAF sensor is hooked up, all I need left is to plumb the IAT sensor and fire it up....after court:nonono: :(
Almost there peeps!:hail2: :flag: :nice: :D

nwapache said:
sadly, I am up...have traffic court in a little bit. I didn't want to overwrite the previous tune because then no one else could have used the superchips module that I am now going to sell.
MAF sensor is hooked up, all I need left is to plumb the IAT sensor and fire it up....after court:nonono: :(
Almost there peeps!:hail2: :flag: :nice: :D

Good to see that the install is almost complete :nice: Good luck in court

Get her up and running! my SCT2 is on the truck for delivery! I'll have pics and vids tonight if all goes as planned! We both gunna get our mongooses up same day. We should make babies...