My very first mustang...need advice from pros

Today, I bought my very first mustang. I've been wanting one for a long time. I got a 2012 Kona Blue v6...yes, it's a v6 but it is a manuel. Can't fit the new GT's into my budget...yet. However, I'm very stoked! So...I would like to put a cold air intake on it and a new exhaust. I would also like to get it tuned. Any suggestions about what products to buy would be wonderful. I'm not experienced so I don't want to put just anything on this car. I would ask about the "breaking in" stage but already know the wide range of answers I would get. Think i'm gonna keep it below 4500 rpm minus the occasional punch until 1000 mile all at varying speeds...with the first oil change at around 300 mile to get rid of the metal. Any help would be most welcome...thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

welcome to the forums and congrats on the new mustang....The kona blue is a nice color, my 3rd fav one (1)being mine ofc, Lava red--followed by a close 2d Grabber blue, then too the kona, my 3 fav colors ford makes. For the advice your looking for on your new mustang find your way over to the 2005-2012 s197 mustangs and you will find all you need over there. I haven't done any of it but from reading all the posts on this forum you can't go wrong with a bama tune, and the cai going to come down to a personal preference. have fun

Yeah I say go CAI, exhaust and tune. I prefer SCT tuning on my cars, but you will get varied opinions. As for a break in I think 1000 miles will be good, and I think you'll find that with the way new vehicles are produced and the persicion with the machining process that changing the oil at 300 miles will just be a waste. Of course I maybe mistaken and will listen to other opinions on the matter. I think the new V6 are quite stout to begin with coming from the factory with 300+ HP. Definitely should post up some pictures.