Mystichrome cobra?? What's up..

new2dagame

Apr 14, 2004
I recently was doing a random search on the net and found that the Mystichrome Cobra's are still out there in good sized numbers and pretty easy to get ahold of, especially if you don't mind going a little ways to get em! Anywho my issue is....Why? Why on earth are these cars still available IMO these babies are simply awesome, I mean you know they are great eye candy and than it's a cobra on top of it! Is the sticker price the flaw? Not too many people looking to drop 38 g's on a stang or is there some sort of mechanical flaw I'm unaware of in 04 cobras? Everyone is talking 04 mach 1 and 05 gt's when again IMO this car whoops em both handily.....now your thoughts...... :spot: :spot:

• Sponsors (?)

Personally if I was gonna get a cobra, I would go with black, or blue. The mystichrome is a cool colour for sure, but I wouldn't drive it myself. Plus 38k is alot to drop on a novelty colour in my opinion.

I saw a mystic coupe at my local dealership a few weeks ago. It is a gorgeous car, but at the same time I would be scared to drive it on the streets around here. The slightest chip or dent or scratch would totally drive me insane. Basically it would be a garage queen for me, and thats not why I would ever buy a mustang. Hell, even if I had a Cobra R, I'd still drive that around on weekends.

There is one at the dealership about a mile or so away from my house. They have a Mystic Cobra and a Red Cobra facing each other, both convertibles. Both bad ass cars, but when i saw the Mystic my jaw dropped. I knew it would be nice from pictures but that sight of it was amazing. Worth the extra $. But like its been said alot of extra $ into fixing up that paint when its damaged. But if given the opportunity to have one (the red cobra or the mystic) i would choose the mystic. Based solely on the cars distinct image and ability to catch the eyes.

Some people simply don't like the color or if they do, don't want to shell out the additional $5K. Personally I love it, but would have a problem with the additional cost. As mentioned, in the long run it will retain it's value much better than a "regular" Cobra. Just hard to fork it out now.

Eric

oh yeah side note, Everyone is mentioning how they would hate to get a chip in the mystichrome or be afraid to drive it. I mean any car is gonna chip and I would be just as furious if my regular cobra, mach 1, gt or even my base mustang got chipped! Driving you assume something is going to happen to any vehicle, it just adds to that cars story I mean as long as it wasn't some monster scratch, or chip i would just let it go and if it was anything more than that I'd have full coverage car insurance for a reason!

66stangowner said:
Its nice but way to much, for 40k u can turn a gt into a monster on the street
But you cannot paint it mystichrome for that price. Let alone get the mystichrome interior leather. And that is the reason for it's expense. I would have bought one. But I want the 05 more.

Not trying to be mean or anything. But why own a mustang of any color if your going to keep it in a garage and worry about the paint. They are meant to be driven. If it get's some dings. So be it. If they get to bad key the car and claim it as vandalism :D