n/a 2.3 hp

manny

Founding Member
Dec 5, 2001
TAMPA FL
just received the " building the mustang ministock" book and they built a very streetable daily driver mildly cammed 2.3 and they got 174 hp@ 7000 rpm :nice: very easy to put one together.

• Sponsors (?)

Wow, how come nobody's ever brought this up before? My thoughts are that it might pertain mostly to ovaltrack stuff, not practical streetable stuff like we need. Anyone wanna get the book and find out? :D

Ash

Red_LX said:
I always knew carbed 2.3's could make good power, but the majority of people here don't have carbed 2.3's.

Mine was a carb'd 2.3... In fact, i have one of those 2.3's in a 500 lbs prostock IV race car. but my mustang was an 86 so it had the electric computer controlled carb, so it stayed at its little 88hp and to this day can be seen beating 5.0's off the line, yet losing to tercels in the top end :notnice:

Use this book and a few other techniques you should be able to ask about and it'll end up pushing over 200 horses and redline at 9000.
(the race car is 245hp, redline 9500rpm, all for under 10,000cdn)

PS: dont ask me how or what exactly was done to the 2.3 in the race car, that was built by my dad(crewchief/driver) and his friend(driver) back when i was a youngin, I really haven't taken the time to rip it apart adn see exactly what they did.

thank you andrw that is the link to the book. it basicly states how to strengthen the bottom end and they use the esslinger alum D port head and the 350 cfm two barrel carb. i inturn will do the same prep to the block port the stock D port head and run the EFI with a chip and according to them i should get the same hp if not more at 7500 rpm.