Fox Na 306 E7te Heads 368hp/363tq

it gets friggin hot in AZ! i used to go to Lake Havasu during the summer for some jet skiing and it'd be a high of 126. The streets were nearly empty around noon like a dang ghost town when it's that hot. Everyone stays inside and the air conditioners never seem to stop running.

• Sponsors (?)

it gets friggin hot in AZ! i used to go to Lake Havasu during the summer for some jet skiing and it'd be a high of 126. The streets were nearly empty around noon like a dang ghost town when it's that hot. Everyone stays inside and the air conditioners never seem to stop running.
But it's a dry heat:rolleyes:

My uncle retired out there a few years ago. He kept saying chit like that. After the first summer...he now spends his summers back here lol.

you should see what happens to all the rubber hoses, seals, etc on cars out there- no rust but tires, etc all dry out premature. I've literally seen tires melt on cars from sitting outside too long. Plus you have that lovely desert "cough".

Reactions: 1 user
you should see what happens to all the rubber hoses, seals, etc on cars out there- no rust but tires, etc all dry out premature. I've literally seen tires melt on cars from sitting outside too long. Plus you have that lovely desert "cough".
I want an old ford from out there, no rust would be amazing. I have this intense urge to build ratrod. You know the kind that have no purpose other than to terrorize the street.

Reactions: 1 users
hmmm you rat rod? Frankenstein Engineering (I'm trademarking that)? Terrorize.........honestly sounds like a match made in heaven.

Hell, in Texas, if it doesn't have A/C, we park it for the summer too! My II won't see the street again until October with the sun up.

well...
Car blew a rocker and ate some needle bearings.
With my luck the lifter took to bouncing and ate the cam.
Who knows where all the needle bearings are.
Don't feel like pulling the motor and tearing it down to inspect
Don't want to spend money on it at this time.
Have the money, but, don't want to put it into the car.
So, hibernation.

well...
Car blew a rocker and ate some needle bearings.
With my luck the lifter took to bouncing and ate the cam.
Who knows where all the needle bearings are.
Don't feel like pulling the motor and tearing it down to inspect
Don't want to spend money on it at this time.
Have the money, but, don't want to put it into the car.
So, hibernation.

Sorry man. It will be there when you get back to it.

Only been around here for a few months but man what a story, sorry it broke, love the 'I can't belive it did that' kinda stuff, makes me wanna come out there and help ya fix it. But alas, I'd just mess it up and put a leaf blower on it. Besides, I got my own crap to beat on.
Really like your underdog attitude.

Well, headed to the track tomorrow, been 2 years and 5 days since it was last at the track... zoinks! Time flies.
Looking to enjoy the day (private track rental) but am not expecting good times as the d/a forecast is listed below.
Guess if I can run 12.7's in that weather I'm doing good.
Kinda curious tho... changed rods/rockers(stronger, but heavier) and mufflers(straight vs chambered)... hope it's a smidgen quicker.
Then, it's getting too hot and d/a is going through the roof for the rest of the season, so, after tomorrow it will be fall again before I run the car.
I'll log d/a on my slips and see what the conversion comes out to.
:shrug:

03/24 08:00 AM
53 deg F
54%
26.88 Hg
37 deg F
90.31 %
3447 ft.

03/24 11:00 AM
69 deg F
23%
26.88 Hg
30 deg F
87.76 %
4403 ft.

03/24 02:00 PM
76 deg F
12%
26.88 Hg
21 deg F
86.79 %
4770 ft.

Last edited:
4.5" ET Fronts and the same old ET Streets out back, 26x10.50 bias... on classic welds.
P1140175small.jpg

P1140174small.jpg

Loaded up, and, in the am I'll throw tool boxes, gas cans and CO2 in the bed and be ready to roll...
Headed to Tucson... 2hrs was too much to drive on the strip rubber.
Hate the "orange stripe express", but my regular "borrow" trailer got sold without my knowledge... going to have to do something about that at some point.