Name that part

Mikie

the ahead of you horseman
Aug 2, 2000
Belmont NC
Guys,
What is the canister looking thing on the bottom passenger side, near the radiator? It has vacuum hoses and an inline sensor coming out of it. It looks like it holds fluid and resembles a master cylinder for brakes..(I know its not though)
One of these vacuum lines go all the way up to the bottom of the upper intake.

Any ideas?

• Sponsors (?)

Chris is right. Charcoal cannister or EVAP cannister are popular terms for it if you decide to search for more info.

All the lines tend to rot, but that line that goes under the plenum vulcanizes badly (right under the plenum).

Good luck.

+1

its your evap cannister. it contains carbon, and prevents gas vapors from venting to the atmosphere (a bad thing, especially if you park in a garage), and allows these vapors to be directed into your intake as well,

EDIT: hahaha looks like everyone wanted to answer this one! dammit! i shouldve typed faster!!!

Thanks guys,
Yep the line was actually broken under the intake. We went to the autoparts store and I replaced the tubing. The tubing was so worn and heat stressed it would make your hands completely black just to touch it.

I may do a search to broaden my horizons on this part, but you all really covered it pretty well.

Thanks bro's

:nice: