Name The Parts & Where To Buy It

Hi Guys

Its the newbie again.

Got a problem with the offical name of a part and six bolts that mount that sheetmetal part.

I have a '66 Convertible.

The plate has six bolt holes/ three on one side and three on the other.
This plate attaches to both reinforcement pans, holding my car from spreading wider as I cut out some of the floor pans.

I've heard this plate called: Crossover Plate; Crossmember Plate & Center Plate
Question guys: What Is The Correct Name OF This Plate :shrug:

Second and Most Important Is: Those six (6) bolts that hold that plate intact to both reinforcement pans and are all part of the seat raiser.

I broke 'em off and never seen that type of bolt/washer/nut before. I need to buy them but Don't Know The Name Of These Fasteners :shrug:

Where can I buy them?

O.K. guys again I'm in your hands.
Thank you
GOD BLESS

Schooner :cool:

• Sponsors (?)

Ditto.

You really should get a shop manual.

Are these the bolts you're looking for: Mustangsunlimited

The part is called a reinforcement plate according to Mustangsunlimited.
Hi Platonic Solid

I do have a shop manual and low and behold I don't see those Bolts/Washer and half moon nuts in there.

Like I said before my good man.

As I laid on my back looking up at the reinforcement plate that bolts to the two
lower seat pans. I seen that of the (six) bolts and washers I was looking at (2) were missing. So I proceeded to try and loosen the other (4)

And low and behold I broke all of the remaining (4) hex bolts. The hex bolts and the washers that were attached to the bolts were now starring down at me.

These washer had a ridge (teeth like shape ) all around the edge of the washer, something like a locking device edge on all the washers. I couldn't get the washers off (2 much rust)

So now I was looking up :rolleyes: at all of this. I couldn't see beyond the bolts and what they were attached too.

I tried to tap and drill those suckers out with no results. Got really NUTS and placed my harden punch in the drill hole and starting Hit the bolt madly :bang:

I hit the bolt so hard that it DISAPPEARED up into the HALF MOON SHAPED HOLE. Into the Lower Seat Pan of which I had NO ACCESS 2.

Now what I thought :rolleyes:

My only recourse was to do something I didn't want to do ~ was to cut out the Seat Raiser Pan up above :lol: In order to get into that lower seat pan and see where the heck and how the heck those bolts were attached. So I did.

And what I found was this: A rusty damaged Baffle Plate inside. It was like a sandwich. The meat being the Baffle Plate.
I cut that away and out.
And then I came across those Crazy Looking Nuts: they looked like a Half Moon but not with a half circle like the moon but let me put it this way; Take a circle and cut a straight line off-center, like a quarter of the way and that's what those nuts look like ~ I hope you guys got the meaning I pray

So guys that's the best way I can explain what I did and what I foung and mostly WHAT I NEED TO BUY (Those Nuts/Washer & Bolts) that I found in the lower seat pan.

If any you guys know what i'm talking about and where the heck I can buy 'em Please give me a heads up.

Sorry For The Novel Fellows
THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH
GOD BLESS

Schooner :cool:

I doubt you will find those special nuts, but you could always improvise by either welding regular nuts of the same thread to the top of the messed up pan or, weld that same nut to a small piece of plate that has a hole in it for the bolt and then weld that plate on to the messed up pan.

Is that a run-on sentence??????LOL

Anyways, the plate and the 6 bolts (with washers) will hide the work from under the car.

seatbe2.jpg