Name these stroker parts

Black1987Stang

Aug 22, 2004
Jersey Shore
This is from a 331 I just bought, the pistons have 12347-030 on all the tops, they say Probe on the inside. The rods have no markings except for VK 631, VK650, VK570 etc, and each rod has a different number, the same marking is on the cap and the other is on the rod itself, assuming just so you can't mix up the caps? I think they are I-beams, they are all forged including the crank, the crank has some reallly deep holes from balancing, I also want to find out what balance it is, I have the balancer but not the flywheel, I can't find any markings on the balancer. I want to find out what compression ratio the pistons are, since they are supposedly for a blower application but I can't decide on what cc heads to get without knowing this. :notnice:

• Sponsors (?)

Yep, those are 331 pistons for a 5.4" rod and 1.175" CH with a -4 cc dish.

If you can give me the headgasket thickness (part #) you are going to use, and your cylinder head combustion chamber size, and your piston to deck measurements.

It can be -.010 - .010 typically.

Well here's the thing, help me out with this. I don't know what head gaskets to use and I found a nice set of Trickflow Twisted wedges but the one chamber had detonation problems so I assume it was grinded out or w/e but it was cc'd to a bigger size, so now all the other chambers have to be cc'd to that cc. I'm pretty sure the biggest cc is 65cc soo that would make it around 9.6ish (depending on the gaskets I use and deck height of course and if I want to keep that cr) and the block looks like it's never been decked, neither the heads. Would these pistons be ok for a supercharger or turbo? and how do you exactly make the chamber a bigger cc? grind away material in the chamber right? I've done cc work but only to verify it's the correct cc. oh and what would a good gasket be to use on this?

Since it has the Probe pistons in it, look on their site at the rods they have see if you can match them up as far as what they look like.

Look on the front counterweight of the crank for the serial number if any... My shops also stamp the bob weight on the counterweight as well.

What type of balancer is it? Is their a PT# stamped on it?

Since it has the Probe pistons in it, look on their site at the rods they have see if you can match them up as far as what they look like.

Look on the front counterweight of the crank for the serial number if any... My shops also stamp the bob weight on the counterweight as well.

What type of balancer is it? Is their a PT# stamped on it?

It looks like a Ford emblem on the balancer and I found this number on it.....E4TE-A3A :shrug:

and also this one....112216

I haven't looked on the crank yet for any numbers since it's not at my house.

and while I got a thread going anybody happen to know what cc Trickflow twisted wedge heads are?

Thanks

Thanks for the info.

Sooo I have a 302 50oz. balancer on a 331, uhhhhh lol what's everyone thinking?? Could it have been balanced to 50oz, or it was a hackjob and someone just threw on a balancer? The pistons are proof it's not still a 302 so what should I do?

The rotating assembly had to be balanced if it was ran. I would take thoes heads to a performance shop and have them work on them. Also you need to have the rotating assembly rebalanced unless the rods are marked, cause you need them to go back in the same place.

Yea I marked the pistons so I put them in the same cylinders and the caps and mains are marked so they all go in the same direction and order. that was the first thing I did. Soo is it possible they balanced the 331 to 50oz? Any disadvantages to that? or any other scenarios?

So the motor is apart??? Just have the crank spun and they can tell you the balance..

I've seen a 331 forged assembly balanced to 50oz, crank needs a lot weight removed but it can be done. Not really a big deal...