Nascar Track & My Stang = FUN

final5-0

Mustang Master
Apr 6, 2003
DFW Texas
A while back my son and I got to take my Stang around the track at Texas Motor Speedway located just north of Fort Worth.

It was one of those charities event things and we each got to go around for three laps. I did not think it would be much fun but it turned out to be a real hoot. On the last lap I got to enter the banked turn at about 70mph and came out right at 95mph.

I have been to the track many times for swap meets and the like so I had walked up the banked turns at various times but to drive around them was a whole different kind of thing.

After both of us had our turn the first thing we agreed upon was the fact that we could have easily added a good bit more speed in the corners with no probs what so ever.

I had not thought about the event until my son brought by the pic of us and the Stang in the winners circle.

Later
Grady

• Sponsors (?)

CManT1914 said:
:nice: I've always wanted to take the stang around the track up there. How often do they do it? How much is it?

I don't know how often they do it but they do have a section just for chatities so you might be able to get details on their site or just call em up.

On that day we each paid 25 bux for the three laps.

Later
Grady

Here is the pic

Later
Grady

Tex_Speedway.jpg