Progress Thread Nasty Ninety Notch

So, we are in FL a couple of months now. I've had a few vehicle options in mind. However, one recent possibility came to mind. I'm considering a 2001 Cobra (as close to stock as possible). I'd like to do something simple like get a tuner for it. Other than that I'm thinking of leaving it alone.

I'd like an 03-04 Cobra but they are going for big bucks and offer no warranty. That's hard for me to swallow.

Any input on on 01 Cobra, guys?

• Sponsors (?)

So, we are in FL a couple of months now. I've had a few vehicle options in mind. However, one recent possibility came to mind. I'm considering a 2001 Cobra (as close to stock as possible). I'd like to do something simple like get a tuner for it. Other than that I'm thinking of leaving it alone.

I'd like an 03-04 Cobra but they are going for big bucks and offer no warranty. That's hard for me to swallow.

Any input on on 01 Cobra, guys?

Not sure if it was the 01 or 02 that had the motor issue?

The '99 Cobra was the one that had the motor issues and a mass recall. Don't remember the specifics, but it was kind of a black eye for SVT at the time.

In regards to the power of the 4V engines, they do indeed make it all up top. A N/A 4.6 4V needs as least 4.10:1 gears. I knew a guy in OKC years ago running 4.56 gears in a '96 Cobra. They have that 7k red line for a reason.

Yup. The '99 cobra.

I wouldn't hesitate to pick up a 01 cobra. I prefer the center stack, spoiler, and headlights over the '99. You get IRS, and a lot less people looking to buy therefore cheaper car vs a 03-04

Question: I am finding '01 Cobras for $7k-12k depending on mileage, etc. For $15k I can find an '11 5.0 which is newer and has much more power than the '01. Only about $3k-4k difference depending. What am I missing?