Progress Thread Nasty Ninety Notch

• Sponsors (?)

I had an '11, and my only gripe was how big the car is. I loved the styling, power (albeit it being up high as well), and handling. The coyote screams even higher than the 4.6. I traded my '11 for my SRT, and got $17,900 on trade 4 months ago, but my car only had 33k on the clock.

The interior on the S197s is MUCH nicer and more solid than the SN's as well. Just something to consider if you are using it for a DD, but you can just feel that it is a bigger car in the way it handles.

I had an '11, and my only gripe was how big the car is. I loved the styling, power (albeit it being up high as well), and handling. The coyote screams even higher than the 4.6. I traded my '11 for my SRT, and got $17,900 on trade 4 months ago, but my car only had 33k on the clock.

The interior on the S197s is MUCH nicer and more solid than the SN's as well. Just something to consider if you are using it for a DD, but you can just feel that it is a bigger car in the way it handles.
I'm seeing the '11s and '12s with that kind of mileage (thereabout) for about $15-16k.

Test drive them and watch (listen) for worn syncros and gear whine if you look at manuals in the '11-'12 models. Mine had a little whine that sounded like a twin screw blower, even with its low mileage. Several folks had grinding gears and much worse wine with under 40k miles on theirs. That MT82 trans was very hit or miss. I heard nothing but good things out of the auto though. Other than that, I had zero issues with my car that I did not create myself. If you can get one for $15-16k, I dont think you will regret it.

Reactions: 1 users
Test drive them and watch (listen) for worn syncros and gear whine if you look at manuals in the '11-'12 models. Mine had a little whine that sounded like a twin screw blower, even with its low mileage. Several folks had grinding gears and much worse wine with under 40k miles on theirs. That MT82 trans was very hit or miss. I heard nothing but good things out of the auto though. Other than that, I had zero issues with my car that I did not create myself. If you can get one for $15-16k, I dont think you will regret it.
Great advice. Thank you!

Recalls and TSBs are free.

Except around here:

1. your capitve dealers are asking stupid money for used Coyote cars with the airbag fixed
2. independent dealers are mostly scum and asswipes who dont care about selling cars with the recall and are too lazy to get it fixed prior to selling them- I've had multiple deals fall through because I insisted on them having it fixed as a contingency of sale- my credit union will not finance a car with an open airbag and dealers are not supposed to sell them with this recall.
3. private owners are essentially the same as #2 and have the attitude they are sitting on gold and that it is my problem as the buyer.
4. I've contacted Ford with teh Vin's on several of the cars I wanted to buy and was told the passenger air bags were still on back order

Except around here:

1. your capitve dealers are asking stupid money for used Coyote cars with the airbag fixed
2. independent dealers are mostly scum and asswipes who dont care about selling cars with the recall and are too lazy to get it fixed prior to selling them- I've had multiple deals fall through because I insisted on them having it fixed as a contingency of sale- my credit union will not finance a car with an open airbag and dealers are not supposed to sell them with this recall.
3. private owners are essentially the same as #2 and have the attitude they are sitting on gold and that it is my problem as the buyer.
4. I've contacted Ford with teh Vin's on several of the cars I wanted to buy and was told the passenger air bags were still on back order
Do you know of a website where I can enter a VIN to see if said recalls and TSBs have been performed?