NEBOC BEACH CRUISE EVENT 5/22 (Saturday)

• Sponsors (?)

Awesome. I'm going, my buddy Nick should be going, Chris might be going, hopefully there will be a good turn out. I'm going to install my new catback today so that I'm not running dumps anymore (put them on a few days ago). I don't want to agitate the authorities with my loud ass exhaust while on the cruise...

My car is going to be so freaking ugly when I show up... I cut half the GT bumper off so I could install my MAC LX caback (I have a cobra rear on it's way from Cervini's.) I've given up on making it look nice for now, but once I get it painted, watch out!

Matt Rise said:
Going to E-town for FFW..........

Matt, have fun at FFW and you have mail.

As far as the cruise goes. What time do you all think you will be getting to Narragansett? What's the head count? Also, be forewarned that traffic coming off the bridge going into downtown Newport is probably going to be tough. It might be a better idea to drive right by the downtown exit and regroup in the Wal-Mart parking lot. That way if anyone gets stuck at the tolls or whatever, they don't get left behind. What do you all think?

Guys, i'd love to go but i'm going to look at an '03 GT saturday to purchase. The LX is gonna take a little nap for a year or so and get some TLC and performance upgrades from the wear and tear of being a daily driver so you guys might not see it for some time.

Next meet NEBOC has i'll be there in my new GT (whatever one i end up getting)

paul sheehan said:
It might be a better idea to drive right by the downtown exit and regroup in the Wal-Mart parking lot. That way if anyone gets stuck at the tolls or whatever, they don't get left behind. What do you all think?

I've got good directions and maps for everyone printed in color... If the group gets broken up, they should easily find there way to Fort Adams where we will regroup and take a rest...

If the weather is going to be on our side I'm thinking the turnout should be around 15+ Vehicles with a high turnout of maybe 25.. We'll just wait and see..

Paul, Why don't you head over the bridges and meet us at Aunt Carries near Point Judith..

We could use someone with your local knowledge as a guide . (you could corral the stragglers from behind if ya don't mind).. Otherwise nice to see you comin along with us in Newport..

WEATHER UPDATE

Weather report as of Friday is showing for showers on and off all day.. This event may not happen and may be rescheduled for June 5th.. I'l Keep everyone posted with a final answer by the end of today.

-DC

The 19th of JUNE would be another date we could plan for. ..

Let's get some feedback on the dates and see what happens..

Of Course I'm still watchin the weather before we say "cancel" .. Maybe it will change to just "chance of afternoon shower" or something doable.. The forecast has changed 6 times since Wednesday. :shrug:

lol. The 19th would probably be good. My car is going into the paintshop any time now, hopefully it'd be done by then. I just checked weather.com, and they're calling for scattered thunderstorms from noon till 6 tomorrow. :(

dark_cobra_01 said:
Guys,

I'm cancelling it for Saturday (rescheduling it for June 19th)
.. Just got the latest weather.. It's gonna rain and chance of thunderstorms as well..

-DC

Cant do it any sooner than that bro???....I was all psyched up for this one....

The later the better for me! I have been having wicked problems with my car, it's either electrical or fuel related....or both! I can't for the life of me figure it out! I was debating on if I should go tomorrow, but now that it's cancelled I'm actually a little happy since I can have more time to fix my car, this is like week 3 of on going problems.....which they are all probably related....