Need 1988-90 lx body parts passenger door and maybe passenger fender ? My paint code is 7n thanks

707GGG

Apr 21, 2020
Napa
Hey everybody new to the site . I have a 1989 lx fox that recently got side swiped . I’m looking for a passenger door mostly. it can be just the shell of it or whatever. I plan to swap my interior peace’s today it. I would like to keep the car one color so that might be challenging but I have more time then money to get it a paint correction . My paint code is 7N and I am looking for a passenger door and passenger fender thanks !

• Sponsors(?)

Noobz347

Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor
Admin Dude
Jan 4, 1985
Box behind Walmart
www.stangnet.com
LoL Good. The time is what you're going to need depending on your level of Google-Fu.

Start hammering keys. Keyboard and phone. Start at Carpart.com and look for your door. Then you're going to have to start calling and emailing to see if you can find one in the color you're looking for. If not, you're going to have to get one painted.

It might be tough to perfectly match OEM paint (if that's what you're trying to do) but any decent body guy can make the differences invisible.

You can also create a want ad if you like but that's a shot in the dark. Honestly, the only reason want ads exist here is because folks would post them anyway.

707GGG

Apr 21, 2020
Napa
LoL Good. The time is what you're going to need depending on your level of Google-Fu.

Start hammering keys. Keyboard and phone. Start at Carpart.com and look for your door. Then you're going to have to start calling and emailing to see if you can find one in the color you're looking for. If not, you're going to have to get one painted.

It might be tough to perfectly match OEM paint (if that's what you're trying to do) but any decent body guy can make the differences invisible.

You can also create a want ad if you like but that's a shot in the dark. Honestly, the only reason want ads exist here is because folks would post them anyway.

thanks for the reply ! Car parts. Has the fender but I mostly want the door and they don’t show they have it .I know it’s a tough question to answer but what would a paint guy charge to some what match the rest of the car paint ? I will try my best to find a he matching parts and color but if down the road it’s impossible I will improvise and think of something else

Noobz347

Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor
Admin Dude
Jan 4, 1985
Box behind Walmart
www.stangnet.com
thanks for the reply ! Car parts. Has the fender but I mostly want the door and they don’t show they have it .
Please tell me what junkyard you've been to that has an accurate list of parts. hahaha

No, really :O_o: I want to go there :oops: and then you're going to have to get Jethro off the damn interwebz to go out into the yard to see if it is a piece of :poo:.

Tell Jethro to take and send you cell phone pictures. If Jethro can't be bothered, hang up and call Jebb. Whichever one of these clowns, finds you what you want, you need to send him a case of beer because you'll be talking to him again and will want him to remember you.

You're going to have to call them. You're going to call them all until you find what you are after. If you're waiting for the internet to solve it for you alone, you could be waiting a very long time.

I know it’s a tough question to answer but what would a paint guy charge to some what match the rest of the car paint ? I will try my best to find a he matching parts and color but if down the road it’s impossible I will improvise and think of something else
@Davedacarpainter

Davedacarpainter

I think I've messed my pants
SN Certified Technician
Nov 28, 2015
Discordia
@Davedacarpainter 's alerts are going to explode when he logs on next :laugh:

We'll just keep pinging him. He ain't doing anything anyway :shrug: With this many alerts, he might think we're after alimony :eek:
Hey! Enough of your nonsense! I’m an essential employee!

ping me one more time and I’ll read through this tonight after work.

Davedacarpainter

I think I've messed my pants
SN Certified Technician
Nov 28, 2015
Discordia
Ok, I’ll just answer the question about cost of tinting.

First question is will you want the bodyshop that’s doing the tinting to paint your car? If not, it’ll be difficult to get a shop to agree to tint your paint. If you do, it’ll have to be the paint system they’re using. Then they’ll probably charge a couple flag hours to do this task.

The flag rate in Oklahoma is $52 per hour. I can’t say what it is in your state.

If you have the shop do the paint work they might charge a half hour or no charge for the tinting.

The paint distributor (Oreilly’s or whomever you get your paint from) might get you close if you bring the car to them to match to.

A butt match is next to impossible especially on an older car due to the weathering of the paint over the years. So the paint will need to be blended to the adjoining panels to make the slight differences unnoticeable.

I don’t mean to sound difficult to you, it’s just not as easy as you might think.

• Agree
Reactions: BlakeusMaximus

Willybill32

Jul 16, 2019
Lexington, KY
A slightly different question...

I have an ‘86, and the bottoms of the doors are rusty. I can find ‘87-‘93 doors. How are they different than ‘79-‘86 doors?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R WTB/Trade Need t-top drivers and passenger side door windows for 1988 ford mustang 5.0 fox body Interior Exterior Parts 1
B Need help identifying fuel feed and return lines. Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 2
88mustang on a budget 88 Gt Hatch The Welcome Wagon 10
R 1988 5.0 Ho Build Advice Needed, 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- 24
S 1988 Gt Mustang Needs Help Please!!!! Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 1
gearheadboy 1988 GT Drivability Issues..Knowledge needed please. 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- 7
P 1988 LX 5.0 notchback....need help The Welcome Wagon 1
D 1988 Mustang GT NEED SOLD ASAP Regional Forums and Event Information 0
S Need Help with my new 1988 SSP Notchback! Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 7
1 I need help finding a transmission ofr my 1988 5.0 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- 2
Auto Reverse 1988 Drum to Disc Conversion...What's Needed? Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 3
Papa Georgio I need Measurments for a roll cage and a strut tower brace, 1988. Mustang Sound & Shine All 0
GAU89LXStang I may be buying a 1988 Mustang GT, needs lots of work Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 10
J Engine Trickflow Intake Street Burner Spacer Needed? Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 8
D Need sct x4 users help please. Digital Self-tuning Forum 0
E I need help with my AC system 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- 5
G Engine Need help with cooling system issue Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 12
C Need a pdf of the 1998 Gt factory service manual SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech 0
N Need Help w Heater Blower Failure 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech 13
HeatShield '89 LX Forged 347 in Need of Advice (Fuel & ECU) Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 8
Jetzv8 2014 Mustang radio not working. NEED HELP Mustang Sound & Shine All 0
R Engine Need advice Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 9
A Suspension Fox steering rack leaking need help Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 1
S PWM Fan controller - Need help/clarity on a purchase 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- 32
F I need help Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 1
lamrith New MSPnP2 in 94 Mustang, need help getting stable idle once warmed up. Digital Self-tuning Forum 1
W 347 Header Size and exhaust Diameter 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- 50
Z I need help with pistons 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- 1
trlps_ Need help, car wont rev up or drive 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- 2
T Electrical Need help with A/C clutch cycling connector Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 2
7 Need a radiator 1974 - 1978 Mustang II Talk & Tech 9
Jetzv8 2015 S550 Tire Recommendation needed 2015+ (S550) Mustang -General/Talk 5
bmgstang Need help with tune high idle Digital Self-tuning Forum 7
S Engine Need help: heater hose routing for 92 2.3 liter 2.3L (N/A & Turbo) Tech 4
MikeR351w 1989 Mustang Carb conversion, need pics. Fox Engine Swaparoo 0
F 89 5.0 firing on left bank only. Need ideas Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 13
T First fox... she needs help. 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- 42
C Engine Help diagnosing a whine at low gas pedal pressures - 1998gt SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech 2
02 281 GT Need carport recommendations 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- 4
Kylor Need help pricing 2000 Roush Stage 2 What is it Worth?!?!? 12
0 Need Help Transmission Swap 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech 1
Cheapskate207 Brakes Need help with Brake ID Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 12
Wayne Waldrep Engine Trouble with the old pile...I mean car. Need some help. Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 7
YadiStang Need help with my 1969 oil dipstick 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- 8
R Hello im new, i need some advice 2.3L (N/A & Turbo) Tech 2
A New fox owner, idle issues need some advice Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech 20
D 1995 mustang gt 5.0 Need help please! 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech 8
M Need help tuning megasquirt with kenne bell supercharger Digital Self-tuning Forum 9
T 302 stepchild needing some valvetrain guidance 1974 - 1978 Mustang II Talk & Tech 2
D Fox Need help 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- 6